Biggest Problems for Great Lakes Fisherman????

Invasives. Unfortunately many things can be traced back to them.

Cost of gas is too much for me...WHY is the cost of gas too much for you?...Because I have to spend too much to get to the fish...WHY do you have to spend too much?....Because the fish are further off-shore (or not in my normal fishing area)...WHY are the fish so far off-shore (or not in your normal area?)...Because the bait fish have moved....WHY have the baitfish moved?...Food web disruption - due to invasives.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

How about a proam committey that will listen to what anglers want. I hung around boats this year. I hear about some of the old turnaments and a lot of teams were entered in each jport. I wanted to see results of the ports this year but I cant'. What are the payments for teams? I can't chose if I want to get a team together to fish it/ this is a very nice site so forgive me for my first post.

Clear water is the problem, thank you Mr. Zebra mussel & others. Back in the early 90’s you could almost catch fish on a bare hook. Flat lining for Browns, 30 feet off the back of the boat was great in the Spring.. Now, the lure needs to be 50 miles back.

More on Invasives:

- Anybody really enjoy their last encounter with spinny water fleas?

- How about the bait fish regulations?

- Anyone have to clean Zebra muscles off their lower unit?

- Anyone snag a bunch of Quaggas while searching for Lakers?

- Where-oh-where have all the smallmouth gone?

- Cleaning hydralia off the prop is a lot of fun isn't it?

- Hopefully we'll never have to wear full body armor when fishing

Tom B.

(LongLine)

wife at home ,,,8 hp honda all day on 3 gal, ahh maybe its boardom ,,,,after so many fish the thrill kinda wears off,and been fighting my worst case of depression this entire summer....finally got the meds figured out and am back to my crazy self.....ahh maybe next year.......................ill sell the boat........as for now its mega work , hunting and migration season.

Good:

Too many lures and not enough fishing days!

Bad:

Crazy rough lake on weekends and calm water during weekdays (this should not bother retirees)

Ugly:

Darn selfish thieves taking stuff away from charter captains and recreational boaters AND you cannot shoot the intruders with a gun on your boat when you catch them red handed.

Darn selfish thieves taking stuff away from charter captains and recreational boaters AND you cannot shoot the intruders with a gun on your boat when you catch them red handed.

Best movie quote - "Hello, Police? I'd like to report that I've just killed an intruder!". "Bang!".

In New York, I believe you'd have to be on the boat (unable to retreat) and have a reasonable fear of death or great bodily

harm occurring. In Texas, it's just target practice.