Dodgers into Flashers

NEO - One of the reasons a lot of guys have gone away from dodgers is that they are basically speed intolerant. Once you go over about 3 mph they will spin in big circles rather than the lazy back & forth movement.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

so then you can go faster with flashers & spin doctors?
Yes - if you want to maintain the same basic action. i.e. go around in circles
What does the speed do for you
Somedays speed is everything. On Big-O, usually a fast dodger requires a longer lead.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

get spin doctors best thing i ever did for seneca anything green has got a chance glow and chartruse are good as well. and if you do fish lake O spin doctors work there as well in fact got my only salmon this weekend on one and all my biggest lakers in seneca so far this year

ifishy,

Thanks for that advice ... I will. If it's not too personal ... how & what did you run them on Seneca i.e. how fast .. how far behind & how far from the SD also what ... flies ... spoons... plugs... etc?

Thanks for anything you can do to help a 'old man. PM me if you wish.

i like to run them only about 10ft off the ball usally with a short lead to the fly. mt. dew fly glow green fly and purple mirage are best but like i said make sure you always have some green out. glow nuclear has been best this year so far. speed anywhare from 1.9 to 2.7 on the gps i dont have down speed. just keep varying it to something pops. they work well on the dipseys to. better chance at LLs and other silvers at the higher end of speed but some days lakes are all i can get. go to the fingerlakes section of this site lot of guys on there that are a lot better at this than i am but most of what I've been able to do i learned here