Panfishing Canandaiqua

zern

Launched at the northend Monday afternoon with my brother. Headed down the east side, just across from Butler road. Anchored the boat in 13 FoW and for the next 2 hours we pounded the perch and gills. Perch were average, about 8-9 inches. Lots of the gills were bigger. Through a bunch back but kept 30.

Just used a plain hook and some wally-world worms (say that 3 times fast! lol) Light tackle and tons of fun!

Get out if ya can! The leaves are at peak!

Zern

Hey Panfisher!

Most all the gills were redeared sunfish. There may have been a "seed" or two mixed in. I am one of them dumba$$'s that just calls them all "gills". But I do remember seeing the redspot on the "blue" gill on most all the ones I cleaned.

As far as Ice fishing goes, There will be no season again this year. I can tell. Last year I purchased a brand new Otter flipover. And then waited for the ice. And waited and waited.... This year, I bought a Fishscout camera and now I wait....

I think I will skip winterizing the boat!

Good Luck!

Hit the Vine Valley area Saturday. We used small jigs tipped with fat heads and drop shot rigs and caught our limit of cookie cutter 9 inch perch. Great day for fall fishing, the wind died from about noon to four and that's when we caught most of our fish. Thats it till spring for me I live closer to Lake O and will hope to hit the big ones in the bays in a week or two.