Pike- Seneca north?

I fish the north end of Seneca out of Geneva a lot for jigged Lake Trout but was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on casting for northerns up there. I am hoping the toothy critters have recovered some from the population crash a few years ago. Questions would be 1- what depth to concentrate on 2- any part of north end that is better than another 3- what are best casting lures to use 4- is there a decent population at north end now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

you can catch some pike there this time of year around the yacht club mooring area. close to the city pier is good too. best bet is launch at severine pt. fish the dropoff there north to the next point. good numbers of stout pickles there as well. spoons are best for seneca pike;redeyes,johnsons,docktors,suttons.

Northerns are all over in that lake. Mostly have caught them incidentally while bass fishing. What old man says is so, if U can make it down there. Since they are not heavily targeted there because of all the great fishing for so many different types, and all of the good food and cold water, makes for the possibility of maybe some really big northerns lurking somewhere in the depths there......Biggest I've seen was only 8lbs caught on a small worm at the north end about 200 yards from the C of C launch, again inadvertently while really just pausing and doing nothing and picking up a panfish here and there.....

There has been some brutes caught recently. This past winter an 18 pounds northern was caught...

Last season I got a 13# pike off my dock in early april in the canal casting mepps #4 spinners. The early months we tend to get quite a few in the canal along with bass and pickeral. The bass fishing this year was great as well. I found myself flipping posts while waiting for clients every weekend... No complaints!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png