Nice day on the pond (Canandaigua) ....but....

I went by myself this morning about 8:30 and fished until about 4 PM. The foliage colors are gorgeous and I'd sayabout 80 percent right now. I started out in about 60 ft near the pump house and trolled the west side to German Bros. then cut ascross to Thendara and the east side. Trolled from 60 ft of water to 220 ft. on both shores and the middle and to make a long story shorter...I went 7 for 7 - all rainbows. Biggest about 6 pounds smallest about 14 inches. All except a 5 pounder released unharmed.... the other went belly upand I had to bring in all my gear to go back for him. 2 Fish came off small dipseys with #22 and #44 Sutton spoons out 200 ft. the others came off the downriggers 60-65 ft. again with 44 Suttons, Clearwaters and Luhr Jensen spoons about -100 ft. back over various depths from 85-202 ft. of water and two came on sliders about7 ft long. Silver and silver and brass was the ticket today. Absolutely nothing on the leadcore for three hours so I abandoned it and ran the dipseys instead. Didn't mark a whole lot of fish but saw some lakers on bottom from 90 ft to 200ft. Saw HUGE pods of bait on east side in AM in about 85-110 ft of water the biggest one was 75 ft. high of solid bait. Very little marked on west side of lake (fish or bait). When I got back into the launch ramp at north end I thought I'd do a good deed and give the rainbow to a couple guys in a small aluminum boat that was just getting ready to be pulled out.....I did so ...but what a mistake! They turned out to be the most inconsiderate people I've seen in a long time. After I gave them the fish they parked right in the middle of the launch ramp and for about 20 minutes blocked everyone (including me) coming in or going out (straddled the lanes with boat and trailer/truck) and one guy had to circle for a long while in the channel waiting to get in while they buttoned up their boat and BS'd the whole time. There were flames coming out of the guy's butt when he finally came in and he had a few choice words as well. I had to angle in from another lane because they located in mine....great folks. Thankfully they are the exception rather than the rule....Regardless it was a beautiful day to be out there. I hope the Fall weather continues to be fishable through the month as we have the lake pretty much to ourselves now (i.e fishermen)

Sk8

Something tells me those guys don't or won't read this forum but, maybe they'll get some "second hand " lip about their docking demeanor from somebody they know who does. One can only hope. Beautiful on Canandaigua for fishing for a few days here....!

Good day Les! :yes: Will probably get out there Saturday afternoon after work. Had the same problem last time with some kids with a small duck boat pulling just on the ramp and started undressing their camo, putting guns away etc... They werent too happy when I reminded them where tie down was, there is always one in every crowd