crappy morning...

machzrcr

got set up in a spot ive been seeing a few does every morning and figured i would get a doe out of the way finnaly, so i made my ground blind. and about 7:25 a doe comes out. so game on. ranged her at 37yds put my 40yd pin on her and let it fly. shot looked like it hit her maybe a touch forward and a little high but still right about where it should be but didnt get a pass through so i figured i hit the off shoulder.

well i gave her an hour, and waited incase any other does wanted to come by! started tracking her and tons of blood everywhere a blind man could follow the blood trail, bubbles everything you could want. found arrow about 50yds into track broken off with about 8 inches missing. Well after another 3-400 yds she went into a thicket in a bottom and i jumped her she could barely get up but i couldnt get another arrow nocked before i lost her in the thick. this was at 1130 so called a buddy and waited for him about a half hour, figured one lung since she went this far. so decided to keep pushing her and make her bleed out. we tracked her for another good 800+ yds she was just walking away, and we lost blood going up a hill and were about to give up and my buddy was like lets follow the side of hill just incase. and we walked about 50 yds and found blood! so we trackked another 75yds to another thicket and i started to go in where a trail was looking for her and he worked the outside of it.

well he calls me and was like i found her, Nice!! finnally after that far and it was now 1:30. so i go up to the deer and the F()*)(* yotes ate half the deer already!! the whole back legs mutilated stomach contents everywhere..... flip deer over and found where my arrow went in and it was a good hit but was a touch high but arrow must of deflected up and only caught one lung like i thought and had a hole above her side abover her should whether she did that running im not sure. so after all that the deer was eaten but it was nice to auctually find her and know she died when going that far and just walking you would think it would of lived if you never tracked her that far. So goes to show track track track some more if you think if was a descent shot might go 10yds without blood but follow the deer trails and keep going back and circling.

and if i see a yote im going to shoot him with whatever i have!! already shot 2 of them.

but here is the pictures of her it is hard to see in the pic but they ate almost all of BOTH the back legs and she was only dead dead for at most 2 hrs.

IMG_20121009_132544.jpg

IMG_20121009_132509.jpg

IMG_20121009_132451.jpg

I feel your pain man. Had the same thing happen to a buck this weekend. The yotes are out of control right now. Like you said...it's a relief to find her, but what a disappointment when you see the devastation they can cause in a couple short hours.

That's rough. Yote hybrids are here to stay. HS friends hit the same farms year after yr with hounds. They run almost every day of the season they can. Each year they kill more and more . As a sometimes trapper , i don't mind them as much. Getting permission to trap on deer property is near impossible . A decent trapper can put a dent in the population with little disturbance. Hard to compete w traps that operate day \ night 24\7.

That does suck. Nice work though on getting that deer and to see how fast that coyotes get there. I have TONS of coyotee pics on my deer cams. There seem to be more and more each year now.

Jerry

Rebel Charters