sea duck?

Last year I started getting them on Halloween....it was real warm last year....I would be willing to bet that they are down allready with the colder weather we have had....the Damn Cormorants sure are around....

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Matt just got back from the north country and the river has BIG rafts of large black duck :clap::clap::clap::clap: there coming !!!!

Steve....

I would bet money that if you went out 5 or 6 miles the birds would be coming through. For this year I doubled the number of Decoys I'm putting out....deeper anchor lines, Bigger custom anchors for the boat...Kicker motor "just in case" ....freaking western season can't get here fast enough........

Matt,

I'd love to hook up with you this season if you get chance ... the guys staying at the motel were near Potsdam and drove over to the river their statement was "a ton of birds" on the river. Ya your right the 27th can't get here soon enough. My flooded timber is calling

I've hear this all the time....sure Sea ducks, whistlers, Buffies are not exactly as tastey as a teal or wood duck. I grind em up and mix em with venison ground...or I just make jerky....

Guys always look down at me cause I hunt these birds....that's cool with me.....as a matter of fact, Sea Ducks are totally inedible....nobody should even try for them.....lol......good luck with your seasons......

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Your right matt. People keep saying the same to me What do you do with those birds?

Well I soak them in worcestershire crushed red pepper and its great jerky.

I Love the challenge of the high speed wing shooting and the lack of hunters.... Or the other answer. mind your own buisness...lol

I cant wait to get back out to the fishing grounds without a fishing pole..lol