Have you been HOSED by marine repair shops

rapala

I'd been struggling with mine for quite a while. (It almost turned into a joke. That's why I posted the DIY in the comic section.) Anyways - took it to Hank and he found a couple things that I never would have found. I can't say enough about the great job he did.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I have been hosing myself by thinking that I know how to fix it, buying stuff that I did not need and braking stuff while making unnecessary repairs.

Then I took it to Hank/L&M . He solved my problems and charged a very reasonable fee.

Hauling my boat from Rochester to Port Bay was a very good investment!!

I perform 99% of my own maintenance and repairs.. however, hank has saved my butt a few times. I owe him big. One of these times I see him again, I will repay him. He's a great guy. We are all blessed with this site to meet people of our own... LOU community is great..

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I've gotten estimates...another word for pre-hosing. Done my own repairs after the shock, and been satisfied with my own precious time investment...(was gonna drink beer anyway)...might as well occupy my free hand and another brain cell :thinking:

I've gotten estimates...another word for pre-hosing. Done my own repairs after the shock, and been satisfied with my own precious time investment...(was gonna drink beer anyway)...might as well occupy my free hand and another brain cell :thinking:

great advice!! Hey take an oppurtunity to learn something about your gear :yes: do many if not all repairs myself also!! the internet is an awesome source of info ;)

Who and where is Hank. I'm not happy with the place I have been going to. I might trailer my boat to Hank this winter.

Port Bay in Wolcott NY. He's got my boat right now. I've always heard great things about him and hes a family friend that helps out my Grandfather alot in his present state. Great guy.

Who and where is Hank. I'm not happy with the place I have been going to. I might trailer my boat to Hank this winter.

Hank goes by L&M here on LOU and is a site moderator. His shop is located at Port bay and you can PM him here on LOU. You will be hard pressed to find someone more knowledgable, honest, and fair. If you're lucky, you might pick up a fishing tip or 2 ;)

Shawn

dunno hank. im sure hes the man. i also know of another "man". gagnons marine service in bridgeport ny. they only fix boats. they dont sell boats or provide marina services, they just fix em. they are the broken boat pros, they will not charge you for parts kits so you save money on parts, and they will knowledgably fix whats wrong and do it fast to save you money in labor costs. they just FIX boats, all boats. thats it.

But what if you have a boat that can't be trailered to Hanks? It appears to me that anyone in Oswego doesn't have many choices if you can't trailer your boat? Anyone have another solution on what to do for needed repairs for those on the eastern end of the lake.

UGLY:

I have thought about sharing my negative experience about this particular boat sales and service near I-Bay. You can PM me with questions because I do not wish having to worry about a potential defamation lawsuit.

Long story short - I spend $4,000 on the outboard repair and this ice hole has never solved the problem. Because I was so stupid and overly trusting, I bought a new boat from the same place. They have done a warranty repair on my boat and ended up giving me more trouble than what it was worth. A broken seal on top of the gas tank was a result of their stupid people working on my boat. Did they take accountability? No. I WILL NEVER TAKE MY BOAT TO THIS DARN FRIGGIN RIP OFF place.

GOOD:

RAS Outboard - west of IBay

Pugsley Marine - East of IBay

Bill Zahn of Independent Marine Service is available to go to your boat docked in I-Bay for marine service. Although he does not specialize in the outboard motor repair as he is an I/O guy, he does a fine job and he is HONEST guy to work with.

IF I did not live too far from Hank, I will take my boat to him within a heart beat! IT does not matter that he is a moderator on this board - every LOU guy who had his boat worked on by him has vouched for him.

But what if you have a boat that can't be trailered to Hanks? It appears to me that anyone in Oswego doesn't have many choices if you can't trailer your boat? Anyone have another solution on what to do for needed repairs for those on the eastern end of the lake.

Mikes Marina on the Little Salmon river.

A lot of the Oswego guys go there.

Glen

I hear many good things about Hank(L and M) I wish I were closer to him. I have been treated very well at both Arney's and Lake Breeze Marina. Yes, I have been "HOSED" as you call it at one marina up North Country. Since I no longer go there....not to worry about their name. When I was up in Pulaski area, Mike's Marina was my choice. Mike and Beth always were fair with me and very knowlegable in diagnostics and getting me back on the water safely and quickly. Very important when on vacation, and you have a boat break down. Hope this helps out. Steve.......................

We are in the fingerlakes area and have delt with a fella near Interlaken that I won't go back to......... The drain plug was not installed right from the factory, so I bought a replacement. There is a special tool needed for the installation. Took it to this fella and he mangled the one I bought and charged me for the one he had to replace it with + time- just didn't sit right. Same fella stores boats for customers. A friend had a family of squirrels move into the cuddy of his boat while in storage there (mass destruction). All the repair shop owner said was sorry..............

Hank runs his business by the golden rule! That is where I now make the trek to.