Newane Buck 10-09-2012

HIGHWAY

Main frame 8 point with 5 kickers. Field dressed at 205lbs.

Hoyt Powertec 60lb

G5 Striker 100 grain

Easton Carbon Excel 400

Came in with another smaller 8pt at 60 yards. Used the Primo's can the Hoffey way to get em to 18 yards. Went 60 yards and piled up along corn field edge.

Dave Hoffman

100_2447.jpg

Not to take away from your great day,Ive seen better bucks BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH A HAPPY,GREAT,PROUD SMILE ON A HUNTER. IN A LONG ,long time!!!!

Good for you! You just made my day too!!!! Thats Cool!!

For all you guys out there think of how 99% of all deer pics are taken , lay it out so the deer is slightly elevated from camera (if possable),kneel down behind the deer ,all racks have that "perfect" angle they look their best so turn its head for several angle shots ..

and most important give it that oll "Billy V" :lol: trick of having yer arms outstreatched the rack will appear much larger . 99% of the "trophys" you see on tv ant much better than what we have right here.your trail cams do that rack more justice...

Please dont take this tip in a negative way its just after all the work we put into a hunt why not get the best photo possable..IE:If you ever did the ultamate mistake (get married) :lol: the photo guy will give you 100's of pics for you to choose that 1 perfect "shot"...so click away several changing angles a tad you invest 363 days getting ready for that shot take another 10 min gettint that "perfect pic"

Back to you ------------------Thanks For sharing. Ray K.

Dave

That is awesome. Congratulations and thanks for sharing/posting picture. That is one heck of a SMILE :) .

What is up with that many Olcott/Wilson area deer hunters ? It has to be at least 60-70 % of the population.

That explains the Rocky mountain oyster French onion soup & Venison ice cream they have @ Light House restaurant Vince takes me to every Niagara Pro-Am.........

Jerry

Rebel Charters

Congrats again, Dave! It was great to see it in person when I got back from winterizing. Reel Doc, as to the body condition around here, you have no idea. Cornicopia of food makes em hard to pattern. That deer was on corn, but all the orchards are apple-a-thons, with tons laying on the ground and unpicked. Jerry, the hunter population is probably closer to 80 to 90 percent out here. This makes it a great place to live(I call it "little montana") with multiple guns in every house and the owners know how to use 'em, but the deer are heavily pressured. If it wasn't for the inpenetrable thickets all over here there would be no deer, LOL.