Advise on becoming a Redneck'

No power in the house!! So what does a redneck do now besides drink beer?? A generator is keeping the beer cold but otherwise im lost.I keep spotting the yard after dark looking for dinner, no luck yet!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

pull out your old battery powered 8 track player and listen and dance with the misses to some old Hank or other favorites.......clean all your rifles and shotguns....drink some more beer....invite some buddies over and watch re-runs of hee haw and fhe dukes of hazzard...drink more beer....take a ride to a Wal - Mart that is open, and get all your christmas shopping done early...and while your there , buy your first pair of them shiny , hard sunday shoes....sew patches on your jeans, and sew the holes on the inside of your pants pockets, fom carrying around screws and nuts and cotter pins etc....sharpen your knives....drink more beer...put. some waterproofing grease on your huntin boots...shoot some cans or plastic milk jugs...if no animals in your yard, go road huntin'.....drink more beer...have fun, you'll never get bored with no power out in the country Pete.

Pete

I am 4th generation on the same piece of land out here. Both my brothers live on that same piece of land. The population of our town is 22, we had a population explosion during the 90s. when three families moved in down the road after the Clark's sold off three sections of their ranch.

Sounds like in your description above is more like White trash..... I don't know anyone up here with such toys in their front yard. Now if you go down the road about 12 miles to the nearest city, where people from the big cities have moved up to ,you will witness that kind of behavior. We call them want ( Want A Bee's ). They are always getting lost while out hunting. The Sheriff has to hold search and rescue for these want a bee's taking him away from more important jobs.

If it was up to me and my kin , we would let these want a bee's find their own way out of the mountains or perish, we call in natures natural selection. They shot out of a truck and call it hunting, sure wish the Deer and Elk could shoot back at the fools.

Well I could go on for hours about this, but I think you all get my point.

Pete hope you held up to Sandra ok...

On the lam.....which "smelly old town" did U move from? Looks like, in all seriousness, you moved away in a timely fashion. There has been a lot of fun on this thread, but the depth and scope of the beating that Sandy laid out is, well, not funny. Cousins of mine used to live in Orange and Montclair and I used to have a blast visiting when they were there. Went to school in beantown and freshman roommate was from Elizabeth. Knew some people in Weehawken as well. Currently niece and family in Bethlehem PA have been without power since Sandy blew through. None of these folks could be considered living in redneck areas of the world, but U not having power and being from (I assume) an urban area (near the Lincoln tunnel), must be glad you at least have a generator (gerble-in-a-wheel?) and yard to piss in.... ;)

On the lam.....which "smelly old town" did U move from? Looks like, in all seriousness, you moved away in a timely fashion. There has been a lot of fun on this thread, but the depth and scope of the beating that Sandy laid out is, well, not funny. Cousins of mine used to live in Orange and Montclair and I used to have a blast visiting when they were there. Went to school in beantown and freshman roommate was from Elizabeth. Knew some people in Weehawken as well. Currently niece and family in Bethlehem PA have been without power since Sandy blew through. None of these folks could be considered living in redneck areas of the world, but U not having power and being from (I assume) an urban area (near the Lincoln tunnel), must be glad you at least have a generator (gerble-in-a-wheel?) and yard to piss in.... ;)

I left Lyndhurst and I am happy i did. As far as the storm we got blasted as did my new home. No damage thankfully just without power. Its sad what happened to so many people. I consider myself lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think my dog is a little RED'... friday she treed a bear in the yard, Twice! Had to drag her in to get her off it. then last night the wife let her out and didn't see the two does in the yard, so two hours later after chasing the deer in the dark she emerged on a road about a half mile away!! apparently she thought that was fun, I didn't. :@

Ok. Now I could only wish that I had the redneck wisdom to imagine this masterpiece! It is what amounts to a mobile deer blind. Ironically it was the idea of the reddest thirteen year old I know. Little Gray. And his dad sure was proud! (Gray) owner of Chenango Co. Redneck Adventures.

2012-11-16_14-46-09_87.jpg