Coyote's by Allstate..........

JakeyBaby

A buddy of mine told me that he talked to his buddy that is die hard on eliminating theese damn yotes! He said that he took a coyote and when got up to it and it had a tag on it....!!?? He brought the dog and tag home and decided to call the # (who wouldnt). Ended up being a yote FARM from somewhere out west (forgot what state he said), the guy from the farm said that " that coyote was purchased by Allstate Insurance!! And that "Allstate buys them from us all the time to RELEASE them"!!!! That is unbelievable if you ask me, they dont make enough money off of us already that they have to realease dogs to help prevent car / deer accidents!!?? And i can bet that they are not the only insurance company doing this either or organization in general for that matter. Just thought i would share this info with as many guys and girls as possable!

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

A buddy of mine told me that he talked to his buddy that is die hard on eliminating theese damn yotes! He said that he took a coyote and when got up to it and it had a tag on it....!!?? He brought the dog and tag home and decided to call the # (who wouldnt). Ended up being a yote FARM from somewhere out west (forgot what state he said), the guy from the farm said that " that coyote was purchased by Allstate Insurance!! And that "Allstate buys them from us all the time to RELEASE them"!!!! That is unbelievable if you ask me, they dont make enough money off of us already that they have to realease dogs to help prevent car / deer accidents!!?? And i can bet that they are not the only insurance company doing this either or organization in general for that matter. Just thought i would share this info with as many guys and girls as possable!

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

I agree 100% thats possible... The Ins. Companys in nj successfully lobby to increase the deer seasons and limits to the max, and they have succeded. Its literally a doe per day from sept to feb. all weapons and permits included. There are far less deer in North Jersey today than when I was a kid. More quality yes, but low numbers.

I can promise you this story is B.S

I beleive he got one with a tag, i have seen them with collers

several universities do study the travel patterns....they tag them and use GPS collers

why is it everyone of these stories...starts with my buddies uncles cousins nephews buddy

edit to add

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/esfcoyote09.pdf

I am going by what i was told and thats all. But i would not doubt it for one sec. that it is true! Besides gonefishing71 you dont think that the DEC has done this themselfs?? Because they have! The pure # of coyotes in our region is way out of control and they dont know why...i dont believe it at all!

They reproduce like rabbits and are hard as hell to kill, so why would they need to let them go? Look at what a few wolves turned into in Yellowstone. And they were easy to kill off, yet the coyotes never could be killed off in the same area the wolves were eliminated from.

An insurance company's job is to cover its but, so if they did let them go I wouldn't want it traced back to my company.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Matt,

With all due respect - this is not true at all. I have heard this exact same story (i.e. "my buddy shot a coyote with a tag and it was traced back to an insurance company.....") as far back as 5 years ago.

There is no way an insurance company would purchase coyotes raised on a farm, truck them somewhere, and then simply "release them" in the wild. The liability would be enormous and any state DEC agency would squash this is a heartbeat. Also, I tried to Google "Coyote Farms" on the 'net and couldn't find a single one.

Once again, it's the infamous conspiracy theory.......

I'm sure your buddy saved the tag, so show me a pic of the tag with the phone number so I can call it myself.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, but I just don't buy it,

- Chris

I am going by what i was told and thats all. But i would not doubt it for one sec. that it is true! Besides gonefishing71 you dont think that the DEC has done this themselfs?? Because they have! The pure # of coyotes in our region is way out of control and they dont know why...i dont believe it at all!

BULL! :no: A coyote is a predator. Predators will thrive when food allows them to. They don't need to be stocked and you really shouldn't spread BS like this. I've been hearing the same "My buddy's friend's uncle" story for about 20 years. Its BULL!

The only reason coyotes are tagged is to study patterns. When food is highly available female coyotes will produce larger litters and when you kill coyotes there is less competing for food wich also leads to larger litters. This is a scientific fact this is how they thrive so well. When food is scarce they produce small litters. I have a very good friend who lived out in the north west US who was hired by the state to study and kill coyotes along with several others and this was proven after many years to try and drop their populations. It was to no avail.

LISTEN TO WHAT I WRITE : I have a brother-in-law out in 315 country that HAS a mount of a jack rabitt with ANTLERS on its head...............THAT IS A FACT.........

If Chris or Paul want to come out and pet it, that would be fine too....

Jerry

Rebel Charters

I called my insurance company after I had an accident with a coyote....they asked me if the coyote was damaged and if I got the license tag to identify it. I said yes the coyote was hit in its asss..but it ran from the scene and couldn't get the tag.

They said, you mean it was hit in the rectum?

I said, WRECKED UM!...DAM near KILLED UM!

They said, without the tag we can't insure the scuff in yer raised white lettering on yer monster mudder super swamper 18 44s......we can't be sure it was one of our coyotes....SORRY!

next time ima gonna foller im up wit sum double ought....:lol:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

AGAIN...... Im not trying to spread rumors or have a debate about this i was just trying to share the info that i was given!!! Im wasnt saying it was true or false either!

By posting that crap on an open forum spreading rumors is EXACTLY what you're doing. And you did say you believed it!

That story is as preposterous as the "I just saw a DEC truck loaded with coyotes in cages" or the best of the best-----"My best friend's uncle found a coyote den on his property and put a trail cam on it. In a month he had 40 pics of coyotes carrying dead fawns back to the den"! :@

Use a little common sense when you hear these stories. Even an 8th grade science book explains basic biology and predator/prey relationships. Relying on your "buddy's uncle's cousin" who spends more time in the bar than in the woods is a great way to embarrass yourself.

Wow, this thread has taken a turn for the worse. Guess we can't all "know it all". But hey what better place to bash a fellow sportsman then on an open forum.

Call it "bashing a fellow sportsman" if you want to Keith. I was squashing a barstool rumor that's been around for close to 30 years. :@

Man im not sure who you are but, wow sorry for ruining YOUR day!!!! Do you work for Allstate or something or do you just have a deep love for Coyotes ;( ?? And because I brought up something that i heard you are going to ?? my sportsmanship or how to use MY common sence and even better then that I embarrassed my self!? :clap: Who knows maybe someday I will be as great and as good as you are!!!?? :beer:

Man im not sure who you are but, wow sorry for ruining YOUR day!!!! Do you work for Allstate or something or do you just have a deep love for Coyotes ;( ?? And because I brought up something that i heard you are going to ?? my sportsmanship or how to use MY common sence and even better then that I embarrassed my self!? :clap: Who knows maybe someday I will be as great and as good as you are!!!?? :beer:

Sorry for coming down so hard on you Jakey. Its just that I have heard that EXACT story for nearly 30 years. I personally handle DOZENS of coyotes every year and have friends that, literally, handle THOUSANDS. No one, NOT EVER, has seen a tag to corroborate the story you told here (and said you believe). In my taxidermy studio I still hear "your story" about 6 times a year---most of the time its as a joke nowadays. I also hear the coyote stocking truck and the coyote trail cam story about a dozen times a year. Like I said, the stories are ludicrous and were, most likely, born on a barstool. People spreading them around as "fact" only makes it harder to try to educate people on simple high school biology. Coyotes are a predator. They are thriving now because of man's encroachment into the habitat. Every time a subdivision or shopping mall is built it displaces the rabbits, squirrels, woodchucks and deer----pushing them into more confined areas. As a predator, a coyote will take advantage of abundant food by having larger litters. In fact, it has been proven that killing significant numbers of coyotes only increases their population over the long term. Females will actually have larger litters in areas where large numbers of coyotes have been killed.

The ONLY way to get rid of coyotes is to get rid of their food. They are here to stay. Making up and repeating conspiracy theories as to how they "got here" does nothing to educate or help anyone.

Again, sorry for coming down so hard on you. :beer: