How about some reports, enuf with the ?'s come on Blue Ghost

Hey Blue Ghost I saw you rolling down down 5 & 20 just east of the Canandaigua launch last Saturday how about the report? Enough with the how to troll, world record catches, and where to go posts! Jeez I don't write all my reports to to see all this fluff stuff about this and that, damn I have a have kid and work to keep up with I can't keep this discussion going on my own!! Sunday open invitation on the Brown How'ND who wants to JOIN ME?

Hi Mike,

I'll lead the charge. Took my buddy paul jigging on Keuka yesterday at the bluff. We got 20 fish up to 25 inches. it was slow- steady througout the day. the fall colors are absolute peak and it was an awesome day to be out. Met some bass fishermen who were saying the smallies are biting like hell too. Will have to file that away for future reference!

My brother Phil is coming this weekend, and i am taking him jigging on the Bluff so i won't be available to join you Sunday. I thought of you when my wife and i were walking our dogs on the trails in letchworth Park that get groomed for XC skiing in winter. We'll have to have you over then!

Pete

World record catches and how to troll?? Ouch! you must be thinking of someone else :o Not much to report. Shot out after work last Sat for an hour or so by the pumphouse. Lots of marks west side, only one shaker not man enough to trip the release 40 down on the rigger, that was it. Hoping to to get out this weekend Sat am. Dinged the prop pretty good in the nort end launch in the channel, Be careful in there!

A couple weekends ago 33canuck and I saw a boat sandmobiling out between Squaw Island and Holiday Harbor, it didn't look good. Took a leaf tour down Seneca Point Road then up Bopple Hill Rd and the permanent docks down there in front of all the mansions are so high out of the water now. Thanks for the report Kevin, the remark about how to troll and record catch posts was not aimed at you but the board posts lately.

no, I know it wasnt I laughed :yes: That was a tough bite last weekend, havent fished that lake in the afternoon in a few years. Just good to get back out after a few weeks. Wife just went back to work after her maternity leave, fishing time shrunk :(

The pressure is on ya Kev :>) When I was out yesterday with my buddy Mike (all day) on Canandaigua we started out right in front of the pumphouse in 60 ft. I ran two downriggers with sliders two small dipseys off the outriggers and a leadcore run back 310 ft. Bottomline: Green was the color of choice especially darkish lime green on small 2-3 inch spoons, and in the case of the downriggers not one fish came from the sliders (unusual). I ran the downriggers about 75 ft back usually. Two fish came off the dipsey rigs one on a J-5 rapala and one on a very small purpleish stinger. I think the leadcore had one small rainbow on small spoon. We ran at about 2.3 to 3.4 most were on the turns. Of interest is that ALL fish (12) came near bait balls both suspended and bottom -oriented ones from 84 ft- 150 ft of depth Fish breakdown as follows: 10 rainbows varying from bare miniumu size to about 5 pounds,. one small brown, and a laker a couple pounds. We threw all back but ended up keeping two rainbows about 4-5 pounds that didn't make it (as well as 2 others as big). We had a couple additional fish started - one off leadcore and another on dipsey that got off. Most of the bait was toward the east side on the way to the middle (esp the 100ft plus stuff) We went as far south as the point south of LeTorneau Camp on est side and Wegman's place on west side and then went back north to find the bait again and picked up a couple between German Bros and Pumphouse but out in middle where bait was. Nothin much at all marked on WEST side. How's that for specifics FLXTroutman? :>) (I think the fish are clustered more toward thenorth end than usual for this time of year (couple weeks or so ahead of schedule) The wind here today may have changed around the whole picture by tomorrow though :>).

Here it is Sunday AM and I stuck here at home with my visiting in-laws (football fanatics) instead of being out on the pond.....I sure hope the fish gods are good to me later for doing this:>) I also hope some of you guys will be able to report something here on Canandaigua in case I can get out during the week :>)