a decent buck down, now it's time to fish some more.

markc

Took a decent 8 pt. 10/17 afternoon hunt. Hard to pass bucks like this then once o shoot them I second guess myself weather I should have shot or waited for bigger. Well, now I can do some fishing.

IMAG0807.jpg

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Know the feeling, in the past when ive hunted hard with visions of that monster diminishing every trip,I've made the mistake of drawing back on a smaller buck..Once that happens its all over. But after many years in the woods I find myself seeing each trip as a "Hunt", sometimes watching a beautiful sunrise, 2 chipmonks defending their turf,a hawk swoopin in on a squirell,or a flock of turkeys feeding through justifys as a "Good Hunt" those are the days when I'll lower the bar and cull a doe or smaller buck.

So as long as your happy as you should be all is well,besides now ya got time to do the Honeydoo list.. :lol:;(;(;(

Good for you !!!

That's not a buck to be ashamed of...it'd fit most QDM guidelines no problem. There's certainly bigger running around, but that's nearly always true, and you've got to be willing to pull the trigger once in awhile or it's not hunting, it's just sitting in the woods. Congratulations on a fine animal. :beer:

Now go fish. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks guys. Yeah he's a nice buck and not ashamed at all. I just know there is bigger and have shot a lot bigger but that was at a time in my life when I could hunt more than I can now. I still have doe tags but with my luck I will be out doe hunting and the big one will come in and I will be helpless. I guess that is alright though, at least I will know where to hunt with the gun and like Ray said I can just enjoy being out there as I do every time I get out. I didn't score him, he's probably about 110-120 points. I don't think he will meet the P&Y minimum of 125 but maybe NY Big Buck Clubs 120 but that's even doubtful. I really was hoping to be able to get into some browns now, but the places I fish are either too low and there is no fish at all or the bigger places that have water are full of salmon and steelies but no browns. If anybody wants to give an ethical catch and release fisherman a clue on the browns, PM me. It would be greatly appreciated. I'd even meet you there and fish with you. It's nice when you get a chance to meet fellow LOU guys.

Well, now I might regret shooting the buck I shot. My dad had been telling me about a buck that he was seeing by the house that was a giant. That deer was a giant, but now he is a dead giant because the neighbors ended up getting him yesterday. :(;( It's one of those situations where you have to be happy for the guy who shot him, but on the other hand you get the sick feeling in your gut because he is gone and not there to hunt come gun season. Alright I guess I am a little jealouse. Congrats to Steve on the buck though, nice job!!! :beer: There's good genetics there so hopefully there is another one like this. what do you guys think for a score? my guess is high 150's to low 160's gross. :yes:

facebook_124224192_2.jpg