Big boy!

idn713

• 2 weeks later...

Looks kinda similar to this big guy I happened to get a few pics of two years ago. I haven't seen him since 2010 and I haven't heard that anyone shot him.

Great pic man - I hope you get him,

- Chris

MDGC0088_1.jpg

Hey trouthunter9 I have a camp in Almond NY could you send his brother my way? Good luck be safe

sure.. :lol: good luck to you too. We are not getting anything on our trail cams..a few really small bucks but nothing like last year or the year before..although I have never pursued mature bucks :P .

I am after some jerky and stew meat first, take what the land has to offer right..no worries :yes:

USE YOUR CLIMBING HARNESS ALL!! BE SAFE

climb high and hold low 8)

I saw mine last nite 150 yds walkin like he was on a mission to the bean field 1/2hr of good light left.but i was up a pine and once he gets in the field it centers up real fast....supposed to leave for Indiana in the morning....I might give a ground sit tonight....but chances are he dont take the same path 2 days in a row....

I,ve said it before BIG bucks are a different breed,they hole up and the does come to them 99.9% of the bucks you see chasing doe,are not the dominate bucks in the area. They are dogging the doe to tire out and steer her from the dominate bucks ,so he dont get his horns rattled by the big boy..If you do see a big boy following does its because ,he just wore out his last girl and their are no backups ready near him... kinda one of the theories behind culling does so the big guys have to move between partners ,and show their weakness for mating in daylight hours. Also a pressured big boy will more often than not hold tight like a rabbit even if your 20 yds from it (if its in heavy cover).....I seen this action many many times on the farm i hunt in Indiana,few years back ,the only spot we could do a 2 man drive (50 yds wide 100 yds long) next to the road and small garden ,I had a 160 class buck burst out of a sorta blowdown overgrown with grass about 10 ft from me and only after i smacked the grass with my walkin stick,,,,,,I had no gun as i filled my tag already tho my buddy made a feable attempt with a muzzle loader...If you ever had a pheasent flush at yer feet then you might know how i felt with a 250 lb buck flushing at mine...The big guy in the pic I posted lives in a small patch 200 yds long and 100 yds wide next to the neighbors barn just off our land..I saw it come out last night if he could of crawled any lower he would of been plowing dirt with his di@k. and he wernt going slow..and he had a smaller deer 20 yds behind him trying to keep up ... was so glad to see that massive rack with the binocs that i didnt even see if the other deer was a doe or spike.(150 to 200 yds away),I,m packing to go to indaina in the morning ive got about 5 to 10 hours ,of video i,ve taken over the last 6 years,with stuff that ya only see on tv. Some day im gonna have someone Edit it ,you know remove the branches , times ive stuffed the camera in my coat while still on, 300 shaky out of focused senes, you know normal rookie stuff..I am bringing the video tomorrow and hope to get some great "peak rut" shots.....If I can ... Ill at least get 1 buck on video .........................every 5 min.....this place is unreal I usually see 15 to 20 different bucks the first 5 hours of daylight....and i ant talking spikes.....Our friend Don Has passed ,(owner ) and the sons let us come back...(YES!!!!) In the past we have taken 120 pluss class, but out of respect for our late friend..and our own managing we will only take 140 or better and 3.5 year minumin age....their are only 4 or 5 majors on the farm but because of the no doe rule we have followed many big boys show up from surronding woods unannounced....If i don't come unglued i should bring a bigun home.....plus this year we will remove 4 to 6 doe to up our odds.but as you know a mature doe ant no gimmie.

Hey Trouthunter9 was down to camp yesterday doing some work on the camp it seems like down here in Almond we just dont see the number of deer we used? I was wondering if you have made the same observations?Always nice just to be out getting a deer is just a bonus. Hope the big one comes your way!To bad the snow did not last too long.

Hey Trouthunter9 was down to camp yesterday doing some work on the camp it seems like down here in Almond we just dont see the number of deer we used? I was wondering if you have made the same observations?Always nice just to be out getting a deer is just a bonus. Hope the big one comes your way!To bad the snow did not last too long.

I was west of you in Rushford this weekend. All the deer sign you could want but no one saw as much as a single deer during shooting hours.