Cam's buck after shot interview and recovery video

Gene Shenk

He doesnt look that excitied but he told me later that he was kind of shocked and in disbelief . I did not get the shot on camera because the buck came in real quick and I did not want to get busted standing up and swinging the Camera arm. But I am very proud of the shot he made especialy at 12 years old and it being his first deer.

Congrats to Cam and Dad. Awesome feeling for both of you. I remember when I took my nephew and he got his first bow buck, memories for a lifetime. Great shot as well. My nephew also took a 4 point for his first buck. He followed it up the following year with a 9 point. So Cam, next kill a slammer next year and dad keep the camera rolling cause we all like to share in the memories. I have a 5 year old daughter that's been shooting her bow in preperation for when she can hunt. Can't wait.

Total Chaos

Thanks for all the great comments guys I am not sure even shooting a B&C Buck with my bow could get better than that morning with my son! Total Chaos, Cam already has his sites on a bigger buck next year and I will keep the camera rolling I hope to get some more hunting footage this year as well and i will share it with you guys. Cam was in a stand filmimg for me last night we saw 15 does and couple of little bucks but no shooters. A good friend shot a mid 140"s 8 pt last night and I heard of a couple more decent bucks dropping this weekend so I think I will need to start using some vacation time next week. Good Luck guys Hunt Hard and Hunt Safe.

Nice deer. :yes: What kind of a broad head did he use?

Thanks for the kind words and Cam has read all your comments and really does appreciate them all!

He was shooting a Mission Craze bow set at 42 lbs, with a draw length of about 24", Carbon express arrows, with slick trick broadheads 4 blade 100 gr. It was a great shot he took out the bottom of the right lung and center punched the heart then drove the broadhead into the far shoulder if he did not hit that shoulder I believe it would have been a complete pass through. The shot was very close to 20 yards give or take a few. He shoots 4" groups out to 25 yards but does start to get erratic when he shoots more than about 2 rounds of 4 arrows. I dont think it is the draw weight I think it is the weight of the bow on his left arm that causes it.His first couples of arrows at 30 are good but I told him we will try and keep his shots down to 20 yards. I shoot well to 50 when practicing but I love 10 to 15 yard shots on deer and almost never take a shot myself out past 30.