Sea Breeze launch Ramp

BOBBY D

Was there today and watched 2 people drop there trailers off the end of the ramp. 1 person bent there axle on there trailer when trying to pull it out and they did not have a 4 wheel drive vehicle to pull it out, and bent the axles on the trailer pounding it on the end of the ramp to get it up and over the end. Some people just don't listen. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

it wouldn't matter if they left any more of the floating docks in. because the lake level is so low, you have to back up much further to get the boat off the trailer. the concrete ramp only goes as far as the last floating dock, before it drops off. i couldnt launch from there safely this morning.

• 10 months later...

Was there today and watched 2 people drop there trailers off the end of the ramp. 1 person bent there axle on there trailer when trying to pull it out and they did not have a 4 wheel drive vehicle to pull it out, and bent the axles on the trailer pounding it on the end of the ramp to get it up and over the end. Some people just don't listen. :lol:

I saw a guy years ago rip the axle right off the trailer. I was trying hard not to laugh my ass off. Saw the remains of the trailer in the parking lot when I came back from the bay.

• 4 weeks later...

Whether it is a year or a day old. There is no reason to laugh at someone else's hard luck. Instead of standing at the side, it would be more of a good thing to tell the launcher about this problem.

It also shows poor design of the ramp when there is no  bumper just before the end of the ramp

Whether it is a year or a day old. There is no reason to laugh at someone else's hard luck. Instead of standing at the side, it would be more of a good thing to tell the launcher about this problem.

Agree.  There is nothing funny about launching in general.  To me it is the worst part about taking the boat out.

just sayin the water level is higher than last year, from what I have heard, when you said you had no trouble with your 17ft,

that is recently correct? not last year, that's all... 

agree  rolmops, not funny when someone ruin there trailer, boat, tow vehicle.

I have helped people launch many times, it is very tough by yourself on a windy day, or bad ramp, low water, no matter what size boat you have. I have a hell of time sometimes launching by myself, last thing I want to do is hold other boats up, and get people pissed, because instead of getting pissed off how bout helping..

sorry boys did not mean to get a fire started..  we all have replied to a thread, then realize it is 2 years old  lol

Edited by kappy

If the people read the signs, they would see it cleary says do not back your trailers past the end of the docks.  Even when the docks are out, the poles are still there marking the end of the ramp.  No excuse for damaging your trailer.