Musky - Underwater Video

During a recent fishing trip we collected underwater footage of fish in their natural habitat - not being fished or baited. We were concerned that the size of our camera rig would scare the fish, however, the opposite was true as it attracted walleye, smallmouth bass, redhorse suckers and muskie in good numbers. The cameras were left running for approximately 2 hours in 2 locations, 12 feet of water in a river channel then 4 feet of water in a silty bay. This video shows the muskies that passed the cameras; the walleye, sucker and bass footage will be posted soon.

Hope you enjoy!

Tzlm6vW3WM0

Ok....Btw, care to divulge where (body of water) these were shot? Noticed that the muskies had no bars or tiger markings.....pure strain....Also like that guy in a hurry, maybe for a sucker for supper, or tryin' not to be supper for a bigger musky... :lol: !

Ok....Btw, care to divulge where (body of water) these were shot? Noticed that the muskies had no bars or tiger markings.....pure strain....Also like that guy in a hurry, maybe for a sucker for supper, or tryin' not to be supper for a bigger musky... :lol: !

Thanks panfisher. The video was taken on the Petawawa River in Algonquin. The muskie for the most part were clear however one in the middle of the video was barred. We're pretty sure the last muskie had a sucker supper but just out of camera range.

Yeah, checked out that river online and it looks like a nice small but long and variable system. And a trib to the Larry. With all of the connecting lakes and waterways (great rapids, too), are there good (big) muskies in the system throughout? Or do the fish just get larger in the Ottawa and downstream? What is the distribution of the musky population in the system....? (Hope I'm not asking too much.....)

Wow! Petawawa river.I fished the section through the Petawawa Canadian Armforces Base back in the late 80's.I use to go up and interact with the Canadian Airborne Regiment teaching C4 shape charges and orienting coarse. While there we got to drift the Petawawa river and I brought along a rod & reel, I caught lots of big northern pike. & walleye,did not have any idea muskies were present. Most of the river use to be off limits because it flowed through the Canadian Armforces Base.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png