Future Lamprey control, check it out

I may be far off the mark here,but here goes anyway.

We know how to attract and net the lamprey while they come up the creeks and we know how to kill them. Would leaving big bags of dead lamprey in the creeks possibly do the exact same thing that this research suggests?

On another note. I am not at all sure that I want the lamprey to ignore the creeks that they are known to spawn in. It would just make them look elsewhere. I would much rather attract them to certain streams and catch them. Then destroy them by removing them from the water, while all the time attracting them to the same streams.

But no matter what way is used. In order to see the results, it will take anywhere between four and six years because of their life cycle.

What to do with the dead lampreys? They are great fertilizer for organic gardens. All the guts and bones of the fish that I catch are buried in my garden and ever since I started doing this,the size of my pumpkins has doubled! I would just be a little bit wary of the night crawlers... :o:P

I read the comments after the video and the guys that wrote in said that, walleye eat the Lamprey larva, that being said why don't dnr stock walleye in those streams to (help) controll the lamprey? I don't think anyone would be against that idea. Walleye return to the same area to spawn so there would always be hungry females to eat the lamprey young,and also boost the walleye population at the same time, I know lake Ontario will never be like Lake Erie but it might help it a little, like it was in the 80's . JMO. 8):beer: