Winterization cost?

Curro

Thanks for the heads up by the way. Ended up winterizing it myself on Sunday. Change oil in motor and lower, stabilized fuel, drained water from block and manifolds then refilled with RV non-tox antifreeze, then fogged carb until motor stalled.

Thanks again..

Does everyone fill up their block with RV/Marine antifreeze and leave the antifreeze in it or simply flush it out real good. I pour the antifreeze down by two top front hoses and it goes out all the holes (4) and then the lower unit. I didnt leave it full of antifreeze.

also, Curro, hope that when you fogged the engine you didnt hook it up to the muffs since you had already drained the block and added the antifreeze!

Does everyone fill up their block with RV/Marine antifreeze and leave the antifreeze in it or simply flush it out real good. I

I drain mine and leave it empty....air does not freeze. I am sure that you will get many different responses on this topic. I would say, do what you are comfortable with.

Dear Ray,

Just draining the engine and exhaust manifolds will work "most of the time"..... HOWEVER the late 4.3 Carb GM V-6,s have a pocket under the intake that is impossible to drain, hence cracked intake and ruined engine results. I have a customer in Gates that found out the hard way. The intake costs right on 500 to start. BEST WAY is to always fill with undiluted RV antifreeze. Better safe then sorry with winterization procedures.....Respectfully submitted....X-Jet Boat Bill

also, Curro, hope that when you fogged the engine you didnt hook it up to the muffs since you had already drained the block and added the antifreeze!

I fogged it with the motor running while the antifreeze was being run through the muffs. Fogged it until the motor stalled.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 3 weeks later...