14 point Wyoming County

Here is more of the story.It less than a text book hunt.Got to my hunting spot just after day break to find were I normally setup was flooded out. So i set up on the edge of the flooded area wear I had very little cover to break up my out line in my tree stand.After about an hour I saw a small buck splashing around in the flooded timber.Couple more hours go by with no other deer.About 9 am I could here some movement on the hillside behind me.After a few minutes I saw a small buck about 60 or 70 yards up wind from me.I don't know if he saw me move or what but he started blowing and ran off away from me.About 2 minutes later from the same area I just saw the little buck run off from I see the 14 pointer at 40 yards heading right for me.He was looking right up at me.He dropped his head for a second to smell the ground and I drew the bow back.When he got to 20 yards still looking right at me he blows and starts to run away.I mouth grunted and at 30 yards head away from me he paused and I let the arrow fly.I spined him he goes right down.The arrow was a little far back to kill him but at least he wasn't going anywhere fast.Now he is crawling towards the water and I can't get a good shot because of the tall grass.I get a little window threw the grass I shot winged him in the front leg.One arrow left.He crawls into the water. I only have a couple of feet till he is into thick brush I shot and missed.No more arrows.I climb down out of my stand and he is doggy paddling much better than he was doing on land.I grab my arrows from my second and third shot.I can hear him splashing through the flooded brush I jumped into the water which is over my hips.After about 60 yards I caught up to him and gave him a lung shot at about 5 yards game over.It wasn't textbook or very pretty but I came out on top.20 inch inside spread new personal best.

Great buck!...your story sounds exactly like one I had three years ago only minus the water. Spine shot flipped him right over on his back, crawling through the brush and I used up two more arrows missing with each and having to climb down fast with my climber and fetch one of the spent arrows stuck in the ground and finish him 20 yards from where he took the first arrow...I know how unpretty that was and I was glad it was over. Congrates on a great hunt!

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 3 weeks later...