Sodus and Irondequoit perch fishing

tbulhead

The chatter here on that topic has silenced while from the 104 bridge I see more boats hanging around the usual haunts. Might be an indicator of something....or not. I plan to try and get out there myself this weekend and I'll give a report if things work out.

• 1 month later...

Sodus should be good sunday.Alot of the ice at the north end has gone out the channel.Any place off sands point which should be open should be good later saturday and sunday.Coast guard launch is still open and good..Do watch out for the duck boats though

• 7 months later...

Depends on water temp. Sometimes October can be tough. We usually don't target the Perch until Halloween. Usually the end of the salmon run kicks off our perch fishing around Wayne county. Halloween is a good date, by then the water is in the low 50s high 40s and the bigger fish will be in. Not much luck on the jumbos before Halloween in Wayne county in my experience.

• 3 weeks later...

it can be done quite well its real shallow so you have to have a smaller boat fish the creek channels or the flats around the docs trolling works but if you have an electric its  better.  its a long drive for me now but used to do it a couple times before ice in every year. 

it can be done quite well its real shallow so you have to have a smaller boat fish the creek channels or the flats around the docs trolling works but if you have an electric its better. its a long drive for me now but used to do it a couple times before ice in every year.

What type rig do you use for that?

Edited by edwardvh1

Fishing Sodus Bay tomorrow wed. 10/2  for the first time with my brother for some long over due R & R.  Looking for a good ramp, a little information on the action where & what to use. I have a place at Clayton and usually fish the river.  Gladly reciprocate information with you on the east/central St. Lawrence.

Thank you

Irish Buoy call sign on 68

Friends call me Ollie

Your best bet is the Bay Bridge Sport Shop on the south end of the bay.  Bait, and launch  all right there.  No word on action but I would start right off at the point in 25 to 35 fow on the drop off.  The point is on the west side of the bay at the north end.  You will be able to see the Coast guard station from there when looking north north west. 

You might be a little early but it will be fun regardless.  Mid Oct. is when I notice the numbers to pick up.

Coup

i heard some fish being taken in deep water sodus already,look for other boats or have a good fishfinder  to find the schools.Last year the fish moved around alot.Year before was better.Should be good many big perch caught on the lake this ummer.