looking for new sights on the slug gun. plz help

i have a winchester model 1300 speed pump 20ga. with the rifled barrel. it came with tru glow sights with a little set screw in the rear sight to hold the elevation that keeps ratteling loose. i have been told by the old lady that she is done hearing me bi**h about it and its going to be my xmas. i need to find a new sight that is a little beefyer and holds alot better than what came on it. but im not sure where to find what im looking for, not to mettion im not sure if i can get what im looking for in sights for this barrel.

i know that i want the tru glow

it needs to hold up to some one who does alot of stalking

and i want the elevation screw to " click" into place

is this even possible thanks in advance

by the way im being told that i need to find what im looking for so she may take my gun to the shop and "suprise" me... should someone tell her i already know ??? :D

i have a winchester model 1300 speed pump 20ga. with the rifled barrel. it came with tru glow sights with a little set screw in the rear sight to hold the elevation that keeps ratteling loose. i have been told by the old lady that she is done hearing me bi**h about it and its going to be my xmas. i need to find a new sight that is a little beefyer and holds alot better than what came on it. but im not sure where to find what im looking for, not to mettion im not sure if i can get what im looking for in sights for this barrel.

i know that i want the tru glow

it needs to hold up to some one who does alot of stalking

and i want the elevation screw to " click" into place

is this even possible thanks in advance

by the way im being told that i need to find what im looking for so she may take my gun to the shop and "suprise" me... should someone tell her i already know ??? :D

Your probably better off buying a new barrel. If that isn't a choice check out www.midwayusa.com they have tons of gun smithing stuff and gun parts. If you can't find it on their site call them.

no realy not looking for a new gun i swear. i love my 1300. as far as a scope i have no use for one on a shot gun. im a pusher on deer drives and i can accuare my targets much faster with iron sights. 6 years infantry thought me that.

When yer eyes get our age 1 day with a scope will change yer mind. And as someone who has had a few slugs buzz by due to someone acquiring a quick target you need to consider that remote possability of a deer miss and the unthinkable event of hitting another hunter...Yes back in the day i did my drives ,so i ant speakin from lack of experiance of deer drives but when that monster jumps up between hunters sometimes the finger goes into action before the brains..

I've seen many deer limp off or take more than 1 shot to kill during drives and so have you. I've sat in my stand and heard more shots on a single drive than I will ever shoot in my next 20 years of hunting.. And I could shoot more deer alone sitting with 1 shot 1 kill( I lernt that in the Marines) than most drivers see in a single season.. Yes flushing a 100 lb animal and winging a few slugs at it with the hopes of a hit had its day in my life then i learned to hunt ... Be Carefull It can happen to you...or your friends...

With Concern for our wildlife and Concern for your safety I make such a reality post.

Please don't be offended By my post , As my fatherly advise some times gets a little "harsh" when safety "could be a factor"!!

Love Pappa Ray K.

ray you are very right. i to have seen my share of mis haps and only been doing this for 17 years now. i take every word to heart knowing the truth in your words. its more to the fact that i shott with both eyes open and the change in depth really messes with my eyes.there is no offence taken. more of a thanks really. i hope everyone is safe out there this year.

ps still looking for better sights :rofl: