Deer hunting and Trapping same area need input

Duckman1

I hunt a area of land that i own that is west of sandy. I have a neigbor that has been trapping for years. This year he has decided to trap the abanded roadway between our propertys. 2 yrs ago we went before the town to have it shut down for better hunting. Now he telling me that trapping shouldn't effect the hunting because he travels on a 4 wheeler while checking the traps EACH day. This property and neighboring property has produced 4 160+ bucks the last 4 yrs that have been shot. This year i am not seeing a whole lot except a few does and small bucks. What do you guys think about trapping? Thanks

Trapping shouldn't have a huge impact.

Unless the Trapper is driving his truck down the edge of the field that your treestand is 20 yards in from. Twice a day :@:@ And it is not like he drives pass my truck coming in so he knows I'm out there with the bow :devil:

Trappers have to check traps every 24 by law. If he's trapping on land he has about 2 months to get it done. A truck or two shouldn't be a big deal. Or you can watch coyotes explode . He shouldn't have time to muck about. Most days nothing needs to be done to his sets. Deer are attracted to most sets. If he's seeing enough sign to bother trapping, chances are you have a big coyote problem. He should be trapping in open field edges. He shouldn't be disturbing bedding areas. Gas prices are high,coyotes aren't worth much. Nobody wants to check empty traps. I'd bet yotes are lousy on your property.

Big bucks ant normal deer, ya gotta play the wind 120% now and move near the thickest area from the trapline....Worse than the leary buck is a mature doe after mating......they alert at every noise....but hey I'm justa plummer..who also is a expert on deer hunting....YES I Did say I'm a EXPERT not to brag just someone who has over 40 years doing the thing i Love most! And do lots and lots of research..

Fox urine or a dirt hole won't stop deer production . A passing vehicle should have less effect than a guy hunting the same stand day after day. Chances are a hunter walking to his stand will cause a greater impact. Proper scouting will identify what deer are on the property. A boat load of coyotes running deer all night will have a negative effect.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png