Show me what worked for you this year..

D9B85AE3-EB74-4512-AA53-761C13BF68D7-1189-0000056D4D0FEB18.jpg

This is what worked THE BEST this year for rainbows for me. I could guArantee fish with these, also Monkey Puke was a great spoon, what worked for you????

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I use about 4 feet of line between the two, some use less. Make sure you have GOOD and i mean good swivels, with ball bearings. I found out the hard way what good means;) replaced the line twice this season.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

What worked really well?

On lake Ontario: Just horsin' around!! I had the time of my life with Lou and his sons and Paul is a blast to be with!!

For breakfast on board: Dibella's multigrain roastbeef,swiss cheese with onions lettuce ,tomatoes,honey mustard, cucumber with salt and Oregano.

In the finger Lakes :mooneyes on leadcore at 1.8 mph

• 2 months later...

Since fishing was so good this year, better to post what didn't work.  Leading the way as it has for every year I have tried it........meat.  Can't catch a friggin' thing on it.  Try it every year and every year I wonder why I spend money on a pack of herring when I catch fish just fine on spoons and flies.

Meat was very good.  especially later in the year.  This was the first season I ever gave it a fair shot and what I discovered was when I ran it very deep it would catch bigger fish than spoons and flies. it seemed to avoid the dinks.  I had great days with meat even on days that others struggled with the regular stuff.  Mind you it could be my 1000 year old super secret brining recipe. Come out with me next year Chad we'll get it going.

Matt

Matt, I am sure if I committed to it I could get it to work.  A square peg in a round hole.....I try to fit meat into my other programs and you really can't do that and be successfull.   Let me know if you and John are coming over and we could hook up.

Since fishing was so good this year, better to post what didn't work.  Leading the way as it has for every year I have tried it........meat.  Can't catch a friggin' thing on it.  Try it every year and every year I wonder why I spend money on a pack of herring when I catch fish just fine on spoons and flies.

Chad,

Cut the herring up into small strips and salt them the night before and use them on flies.  I put the meat on the single hook on my flies.  They are easier than cutbait and make your flies work even better.