Cayuga More Lamprey footage from 11-10 trip Cayuga

Found some more eel footage from our trip on Cayuga 11/10.
Man these things are nasty, they kind of look to be the apex predator in the lake now?
I knew it was going to be bad when we were catching LL in the spring with 3 and 4 small Lamprey hanging off them.

OYUSjJ6glg0

That is pretty spectacular video. On the downside it sure gives a clear indication of the magnitude of the lamprey problem! I think that given the fish were chasing the SpinDoctor/fly I wonder if shortening up the lead from the doctor to the fly might help by making it more "active" and maybe it even would suggest that slowing and quickening trolling speed routinely might generate some actual hits....very interesting stuff...just some thoughts...that camera is the "nuts" :>)

Isent down my gopro yesterday for the first time to get under water shots. Its an eary feeling but the result is cool. My battery died shortly after sending down but I did see some fish and the also, I can pick up audio and the rigger "HUUMMMMM" is insane..

Nick

Isent down my gopro yesterday for the first time to get under water shots. Its an eary feeling but the result is cool. My battery died shortly after sending down but I did see some fish and the also, I can pick up audio and the rigger "HUUMMMMM" is insane..

Nick

I always have the feeling that I am about to see something I would rather not see. I have some unidentified stuff already...