Skin off smoked salmon

Patriot

Last summer, I kept a salmon to smoke. Had Chucky fillet it for me but he took the skin off and I'm glad he did. I ended up laying the pieces on wet cheese cloth and into smoker they went. I'll never go back to skin on. Try it, ya might like it.

• 1 year later...

That sounds like a good idea, the part that had me perplexed is how would I keep the fish from falling through the racks. I make a lot of jerky for guys and can get 50# of jerky in the smoker at one time, I thought with out the skin on it would fall through my racks, but with the cheese cloth that would be a great idea!! and like one other mentioned the brine could draw in from both side cutting down on brine time. If anyone would like to share a good brine recipe for fish that would be nice, I really don't have a good recipe for fish, and maybe a little info on temp, smoke time and over all time. thanks for any input PAP.

One qt wt vin, one cup brn sugar, quarter cp sea salt, cayenne, heavy garlic, and oh yeah a bunch of old bay 24hr and wood smoke

Sent from my BNTV600 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea, I use apple cider in a smoked chicken recipe but not cider vinegar? Maybe so but I'll wait for a reply first.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...