Seneca Seneca 11/14 - 11/16

Got up to my cottage in the afternoon on the 14th. Got out for a quick troll picking up some short salmon and 2 keepers on the east side down south.

Up and out early the next day, moved to the south but found a blank screen, worked my up the west side angling slowly out in deeper water and hit a nice deep pocket of bait with a mix of bows and silver up higher in the water column. Did some trib scouting/fishing in the middle part of the day with nothing to show. Back out in the evening where I left off earlier. Lost a couple nice silver fish behind the boat and picked up a couple lakers as well.

Out in the morning the next day, beautiful cold morning. Ran some shallow lines tight to shore along the south end and up to the salt point, had a couple rips on a stick bait, but no hookups. Got a nice keeper salmon working back to the canal mouth in slightly deeper water and a couple dinks.

All in all I went something like 15/20 in 3 days fishing about 10hours. Caught 3 rainbows from 2-4lbs, about 6 sub-legal salmon, 3 keeper salmon and 2 lakers in the 4-6lb range. Most fish came at 35ft on a chicken-wing DW SS fished with a long lead on the rigger. 6 color lead core also produced. Lakers were around 55ft. Most fish were out over 200-400 FOW. Not much to show for the shallow program.

Had the lake mostly to myself which was nice. Surface temps around 50.

Good report....kinda wish I hadn't put the boat away so soon this year but the winterization folks at the marina are closing up in a week or so and I didn't want to get caught short. It sure sounds as though the landlocks are really coming on strong in Seneca as there seems to be an abundance at this point of small ones....lets hope they make it into maturity and provide us with some great action...