A day to remember Opening day 2012

gbj92

Opening day 2012 was a day I won't soon forget. After struggling to see many deer during bow it all turned around quickly. My son and I were doing radio checks on every hour to tell each other what we were seeing. At 10:00 he didn't respond , 10:05 nothing Shortly after he shoots once and I get a excited and barely understandable" I just shot at the biggest buck I've ever seen" He says huge buck , I shot at 200 yards. My 1st thought was he missed until he called and said it's flopping around in the field. He was about 200 yards from me so I walk up as quick as I can and find him standing next to his deer shaking. After a small celebration we field dress him and I go where he was sitting . I had the muzzleloader , he has the rifle. He talked me into taking the rifle which turned out to be a wise choice. At 1:45 I hear deer running and quickly see its a good one. As he was running through the field I yelled to stop him at 100 yards and missed ,good thing I took the rifle. As he ran back where he came from he slowed down at the edge of the woods and I didn't miss the 2nd time. Two nice 8 points from the same tree with the same gun. This day will be tough to top in the memories department .Gary

deer_2012_011.jpg

deer_2012_018.jpg

deer_2012_027.jpg

Now thats cool! what a difference in hide color and neck size...his 2.5 and yers 3.5..Good .no Great Job! over the years when my brother andi tag out their is a great feeling dragging out deer together (tired to). :) , The radios are fun too now we cell it.Congrats you two..um yer kid drops one at 200 yds and you miss the first shot wonder who tought him how to shoot :lol: of course i might of missed once or twice before ;)

Great story and very nice Bucks! 200 yards wow! My property is in rifle permitted county but I haven't made the switch..love my "pop" gun. Maybe it's time to think about it?! -Tank

• 2 weeks later...