FELLOW FISHERMAN SUPPORT

keith

My good friend and fellow LOU member Jeff Ignaszak is going through a rough spot in life right now. His daughter Taylor Mateo, who is 16 is battling cancer. Friends of Taylor's family are putting together a fundraiser on December 8th to help Jeff and his family with the medical expenses. More details are shown below. I know that the raffle already includes a 4 hour charter on Lake Ontario and a guided float trip on the Salmon River. I'm sure that anything we as LOU members can do to help support Taylor will be greatly appreciated.

Taylor Mateo is a current BROCKPORT HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, and daughter of Jeff and Nikki (Schweitz) Ignaszak . Taylor has been recently diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

We will be hosting benefit on December 8, 2012 from 3-9pm. Dinner will be served from 3-8, there will be music and raffle tickets being sold.

Brockport Elks Lodge, 4400 Sweden Walker Rd, Brockport NY 14420

We are also going to celebrate Taylor's 17th birthday (which is on Dec 9).

To donate raffle items call Missy@ 585-747-7651

Donations can also be made at First Niagara under Taylor Mateo's account.

Pre-Sale Tickets are available @ Bill Grays Brockport, 8.00 Adults and 4.00 Kids

http://www.facebook.com/events/366021203482901/

A very commendable effort you are making for your friend! My prayers are with Taylor and her family. I am a survivor of Hodgekins Lymphoma Stage 3B of 7 years now. This is Taylor's fight of her life! I'll be visiting First Niagara Bank, this week.

P.S. I had Dr. Richard Fisher at Strong Hospital for my Chemo Treatments.

His skill and team along with good friends and my higher Faith got me through it! I wish the same for Taylor..................Steve 585-723-6297 any time! God Bless!

I'm hoping that a group of us from Sandy Creek can get together and attend the fundraiser. This is a tragic situation, and every bit of support will be greatly appreciated by Jeff and his family.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just to remind all of our friends on LOU that the event to benefit Jeff's daughter Taylor will be held this Saturday, as per Keith's post above. I really hope that we can have a good showing!

First off i would like to thank my good friends Keith and Keith for their support through everything that Taylor has been through. Nikki, Caleb and I are forever grateful and I am PROUD to call you my friends!!!!!! Taylor is looking forward to seeing everyone at the benefit as she finishes her fourth round of chemo this week. Its hard to believe that she is going to be 17 this weekend. Just wanted to drop a note of thanks to you guys.

Thanks to you Scott B. for your generous donation.

Hats off to my my wifes best friend Missy, who has gathered over 100 raffle items for the event.

At times like this, the support of great friends is priceless.

Jeff, Nikki, Taylor and Caleb

PS Happy Birthday Caleb!!!! The little guy is a double digit boy today!

I would like to wish the best for Taylor, and also a Happy Birthday. Although I do not know her or her family personally, I do know what it is like to have medical issues. I also know how important it is to be surrounded by a great family and awsome friends. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the dinner. However, I am meeting Missy tonight at the Elks Lodge to donate a few gift certificates to the raffle off. I am a contractor and just wanted to throw it out there to other LOU members that if they ever find themselves in a similar situation that I would be happy to donate my services to be raffled off. Happy Holidays to all.

Sometimes I dream about doing something useful that people might actually be interested in purchasing a raffle ticket for...I don't suppose anybody wants their personal genome sequenced? ;)

Seriously, though, I'm glad to hear that there's support out there for Taylor and her family, and I look forward to seeing everyone this afternoon!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of the people from LOU who participated in or donated to the benefit for Taylor. It was a huge success, and I wanted to let you know how much everyone appreciates your effort. There was a good showing, and at the very least I know of two LOU members who donated prizes for the raffle...because we won them!! One was Scott Bensch from Silver Fox Charters...thank you, sir...and the other was Matt Zimmer (aka EatSleepTrout) from Magic Property Services. There were also steelhead flies/leaders from Coleman's fly shop; I'm not sure whether Carl frequents this board, but thank you, as well. I hope I'm not leaving someone out, the organizers did a fantastic job and there were literally over a hundred items for the raffles, etc...please feel free to post if you donated an item...but I wanted to call out props to these generous folks, as well as thank anyone who made a donation in Taylor's name.

It's good to know that generosity still lives, in this era of posts and tweets. My best wishes to all for a Happy Holidays.

PennYan20, nice meeting you and don't be a stranger.

We all had a great time and I'm supprised Gator was able to walk out the door with all that he won and the desserts he ate off everyones plate! :lol: I saw some people I haven't seen in a long time from bkpt, "triple sss" was there writing all over my kids hand and winning a ton, "nothing but net" with families and there was also a Greg from "pleasure unit" sighting as well. BTW Greg, everyone got a big kick from your boat name! Nice to see ya there.

Glad to help out Taylor and her family! Was good to see so may people there in support. Its not easy for anyone in these kinds of situations and I think everyone needs to help each other . Its a positive state of mind that wins the battle.

On sad note, I didn't win the Silver Fox charter ;(

Thanks again to my dear friends and new friends who came out to support Taylor..... I am sitting in the hospital with Taylor as I am writing this while she is continues her last session of chemo. It was funny how everyone (and you know who i am talking about) won what they wanted to win..... Scott GOOD LUCK!!!! you should've put a clause in your donated trip.

Thanks again to everyone and Happy New Year!