$40.00 Empire Pass

guff

I believe that it allows entry into ALL of the NY STATE Parks although they mention on their site that some of those damaged by Hurricaane Sandy are not open on Long Island...and may not be for awhile. For those of us that use the launch ramps for fishing it is quite a bargain!

One of the reasons I like them is that after a long day of fishing I don't have to stop at the ticket booth to pay (assuming I get there before they open in the morning) on my way home. Also I usually use it for boat launching but if want to have a family picnic, etc. you can get in for free. Good deal, especially for $40. Looks like deal is up at midnight tonight.

The discount will strictly apply only to online orders placed between 12 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 26. Purchases will be accepted online at www.nysparks.com during this time, but will not be accepted in person or by phone. Each customer will be able to purchase up to three passes at the reduced price.

http://www.nysparks.com/newsroom/press- ... aspx?r=989

NOTE: There is a quirk to the website where you transact the payment for the Pass. Make sure at the bottom of the page you indicate QUANTITY and the address you want it to go to. If you don't catch that it will keep failing to complete the transaction....a minor pain but to know in advance you can avoid it :>)

New York state park passes fly off cyber shelves, bring state $905,000 in sales

By Teri Weaver, The Post-Standard The Post-Standard

on November 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM, updated November 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Cyber Monday works. At least that's what the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation says after selling a record 22,636 annual passes on the online shopping day.

A $25 discount on the $65 Empire Passport boosted the sales by 5,000 percent over sales during Cyber Monday a year ago, according to the state. Last year, the state sold just 443 passports in a deal that included a $25 camping gift card with every $65 pass purchased.

This year, the one-day sale brought in $905,440. Monday's sales equaled 27 percent of all Empire Passports sold in 2011.

The passport allows single-day entries to state parks and recreational facilities.

Darn....I missed out. :( ..It used to be $59.00 but raised to 65 a few years ago..Still a bargain for me .. 8) ..I probably launch at least 50 times a year between Cayuga and Fair Haven