Chamberlain releases and downrigger ball color

Does anyone have an experience or opinions on the Chamberlain releases? I was looking at them online and they seem like they would work well. Also does anyone add any color to their downrigger balls or is black the only way to go? I know a guy who does powdercoating and can make them any color under the sun plus its much more durable then paint. I didnt know if adding color might aid in being an attractant or might be a deterent.Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Happy Holidays to all!

i've never tried the chamberlins but as far as ball color i have an opinion. I run two fish shaped weights one is dark green with a white belly the other is (was) bright orange powder coat. over the last couple years one downrigger has consistently taken more fish. now this finally hit me when two weeks ago that rigger had the handle broke when i was out alone so i switched to the orange one and didnt have another hit the rest of the day (i had a dipsey out as well that was also quite). so I thought for an experiment i would spraypaint the weight black and see what happened. I went out sunday and both riggers took fish all day and in close to equal number for the first time ever. now thats the only day so far that I've fished with the painted rigger but in my mind i think it makes a difference.

Chamberlain releases are the best in my mind. Love the design and we almost never have a dink fish being dragged along.

They take a small amount of time to dial them in to the proper setting, but once you do you will not look at another release.

Have been using them for years and they work great.

• 3 months later...

I bought 2 Chamberlain stacker releases last year and liked them so much I picked up 2 more to replace all of the Roemers I had been using. Very easy to set up. I really like the ability to

Adjust the pole to release tension as well as the tension to release the fishnstrike, they also pop free from the rigger cable when I'm bringing up the ball on the electric riggers.

You won't regret buying the Chamberlains. Fish USA had the best price I could find on line.

Safe Boating

Egoody