My first buck ever and on opening day!

zimm298

This is the first buck I have ever killed! 8am opening day of gun. 11 points and just over 176 pounds dressed. Really proud of this, since he never took a step after being shot, just went down. Funny how growing up in PA and using a rifle had me convinced that was the only thing. Now a NY'er for 3 years. This deer was taken with a slug out of a Remington 870 WingMaster! I won't bad mouth slugs ever again!

IMG957408.jpg

532109_4879661155169_1744684481_n.jpg

IMG953136.jpg

Good for you and congrats on a nice first buck. Yupper them slug things work pretty good .few years back I got a Muzzy and have loved the single shot hunting ever sence. Tho now i use sgl.shot 270,,,It makes ya a better shooter cause you gotta make every shot count..now i go out in the morning with 4 shells in my pocket, back in the browning light 12 days I was a tad heaver when i left home..

so no big story ?????comon!

No not really any big story. It was foggy as hell, he walked out in front of me at 8am and 1 shot dropped him in his tracks. Couldn't have been more perfect. Makes up for my mistakes during bow season I think!!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png