Dads big Ontario COunty 15

PeltHunter

Dad got him on the 24th, my late grandfathers who I never got to meets birthday, My dad and uncle both got their biggest bucks on this day and I got my first deer on that day with his old gun.

I'd use that number next time you play the lottery............. :D

Smokin' deer!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well you guys want some details its a long story that ends with a short hunt lol.

Last year during bow season I saw this slammer at about 60 yards during bow season he's been a ghost ever since that one sighting. Well then my uncle saw him on his way to work on the 21st of December one day left of muzzle loader of course.. Fast forward to the beginning of November 2012 I'm in Mississippi and my aunt sends me the NY outdoor paper and magazine on the last page of the magazine theres a deer shot in the same county on the 22ND! I could have sworn it was the same deer called my dad and told him he jokingly says that it could't be the same one because he got the same deer with his bow that morning. Next weeks opening shotgun and the Lucky SOB gets to miss it because he won an all inclusive trip to the season finale NASCAR race in Homestead from Ford. The next week Dad, my uncle, and brother go back out to hunt my aunts farm and their cousins farm. My dad was originally going to hunt the other farm but it was cold and blowing wind like crazy so my brother decides to hunt the other farm with more cover with my uncle so my dad stays at my aunts house. He gets down in the stand and 20 Minutes later he sees this slammer coming straight across my aunts yard and down to where he was sitting with his nose planted on the ground. When the old BPS barked he put one Winchester XP through his pump house, the deer only ran about 40 yds and he was done. I wake up to getting pics of the deer from about every family member possible and confirmed it was the same deer that outsmarted me a little over a year ago during bow season and ghosted after that. I was kinda bummed at first but then realized that if I couldn't get this deer then there was no better man than my own DAD to lay him down.

Like I said overall its a long story ending with a short hunt.