Christmas lights a busting?

While sitting here on the LOU forum and talking with my wife I inadvertantly moved the cursor w/o looking and heard a bulb break. Much to my surprise there were bustable lights at the top of the page. Kinda gets your attention!

It's not too hard to "fix" using Adblock Plus. If you do use this extension for your browser add a rule blocking "http://www.lakeontariounited.com/js/lights/christmaslights.js". If you don't use ABP, it's awesome, though for sites you use regularly and enjoy, it's best not to block their ads- those ads help pay the bills and running websites isn't free. (That means sites like this one!) You can just block the lights.

I like the lights but the sound was driving me nuts. Sure I could mute my comp but there are several reasons why that isn't always practical. Watching Netflix concurrently, or I forget to mute the sound ( that runs through stereo) and lights bursting at 6:00 AM wakes the GF among them. Actually that last one was what got them turned off! :lol:

Hmmmmm... guess for every this there's a that..... Why else would anyone be truly annoyed by this little silly fun noise maker? 4 folks that can't handle it, simply turn the volume down on the speakers..... If that is too hard to do, and asking how to purge this "scourge" from happening by some soft or hardware or technical adjustments, is deemed necessary, U have gone too far with electronics gadgetry and the desire to monkey with it ad infinitum. Try using a shot of good whiskey, (Wild Turkey 101, Keystone Light, or whatever... :smirk: ) and some easy patience.... It will all be over after the holidays.....And just think of all the simple fun lots R having with it....Still turn U off?.....could B a lot worse... :bug::bug::bug::bug::bug::bug::bug::bug::bug: ..YYEEEOOWW!!!

What I don't understand is why you guys are knocking us guys that want the noise gone. I almost didn't post yesterday b/c of blowback like this. Guy had a question, I had an answer, if it doesn't fit your needs let it go. It took 30 seconds to "fix", it's hardly a technical trick. (Also I already had my lifetime share of whiskey and don't drink anymore so that option is out!)

I don't like unexpected sounds. End of story. Not being a Grinch, I do things like this all year long. Um, Merry Christmas!

OK,....Just trying to assist anyone who has negative issue with these .....If they are a turn off, U can avoid the sudden sounds merely by turning down the volume. Or, move the cursor easily down along the far right or left side of the screen, around the level of the lights, and they won't break. Bet that 75%+ enjoy these annual holidays free toys. And no, nobody is seriously suggesting one gets drunk or otherwise artificially "besides oneself". Please keep posting and reviewing the LOU. Most of all, have a Merry Christmas, and/or a happy New Year.....even before or well after any holiday periods .....at some times of the year..! BTW...personally enjoy these and would love to see them stay and come again in the following seasons........with all respect to those having other viewpoints. And let's talk fish and game!!!!