Musky Season Finale

Congratulations to all the wives and girlfriends for surviving another musky season - you finally get your husbands and boyfriends back for the next 7 months (at least in New York State)!!! I can tell you my wife treats December 1st like a holiday in itself :lol:

Had a good final two weeks of the season that could have been GREAT judging by some of the fish we had up to the boat and couldn't get hooks into. Fished this weekend with Joe and buddy Tim from work. Had to break through some ice at the dock to get Joe's boat out to the lake (see pic below).

-3.jpg

After making it out onto the water in mid-afternoon, bluebird skies and chucking around oversized muskies lures.... of course we catch a 28" walleye :P The funny thing was that I got him to hit boat side on a figure-8. He was barely able to catch the lure and just bit the back hook (typical walleye style I guess) :lol:

-2.jpg

Clouds moved in on Sunday and we were able to boat only one of the four fish we hooked yesterday. Lucky it was a nice fish and left me feeling good about ending the season on a high note after loosing a good one first thing in the morning on a tube, then Joe dropped another one a lunge, then Tim dropped one after a few second fight, then Joe fought one all the way to the boat only to watch that one slip off at the last second and swim away... so finally when the fattie below found the bottom of the net, I was a very happy man :yes:

-1.jpg

Our best lures for the day were tubes, wooley bully bucktails (yup, I still throw them even in 38 degree water!), lunges and glide baits. I should note that in the last two weeks of the season, I saw more 45"+ fish (with a few "scary big") than I had seen all season combined! We also seen that the future of the lake is in good shape with a lot of low to mid 30's fish seemingly everywhere! It didn't matter where we fished, everywhere seemed to have fish and big ones at that this time of year. I talked to Mr. Lunge Lumber after we pulled the boat yesterday and he confirmed the same thing we had been seeing. Sad the season has to end, would love to have another week or two out there RIGHT NOW!

Here are some more pictures from our trip last week that got deleted earlier that some of you have PMed me about asking me to repost. Hope you guys enjoy them.

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

In another couple of months, I'll be heading down to the Columbus Ohio musky show. Maybe I'll see some of you there??? It's a great chance to break the cabin fever and get out of the house for a little. The wife has even decided to go with!! If I don't see you there, maybe I'll see you at one of the New York State Muskies Inc (Chapt. 69) meetings? Those are always a ton of fun as well :beer::yes:

What are your plans for the winter months??

Can't believe the season is over already! Id still like to get down to the lower one last time if the weather permits!

Feels like I didn't get to fish nearly as much as I did last year but with school and 95 degree summers it makes sense! Still got to achieve some goals this season! It was fun as always getting to fish with everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone at the Muskies Inc. meetings

Finally got a 40+" Tiger...hands down the hardest fighting fish i have ever caught

562829_10100654281481618_1596621055_n.jpg

Worked a lot out on the Niagara River and got to learn some new things about those waters as well. Caught my first bondy fish and topwater fish out there

480411_10100646779775098_128191009_n.jpg

376519_10100646779964718_589830179_n.jpg

Also got a new PB with my first 50+" fish

IMG957799.jpg

IMG959005.jpg

Now its time to enjoy the holidays and begin another cycle of off-season gear hoarding haha

Great fish! Had a great season on the Niagara. Caught some great fish, able to come in contact with a few monsters and met some great new people throughout the season. Still a couple weeks before I give up on teeth for the year. Hopefully we're blessed with a couple more nice days so I'm able to jig Canadian waters on the upper again before it ends. Either way I plan on pulling some big baits around in the lower hoping for a super tanker to make a mistake. Fishing the NMA Henning memorial tourney in the lower tomorrow and hope to take advantage of the warm days forecast for next week. To anybody lucky enough to make it out again in the next two weeks, good luck!! Catch a hawg and set her free!! When is the next muskies inc meeting?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png