2013 A-TOM-MIK Invitational Results (Pictures added)

Although I would have preferred that the event be postponed I understand that no matter which decision was made some people would have been unhappy. My guess is that if it were postponed several people would have been on here stating that the was NOT a "small craft advisory" so why postpone it? I would have enjoyed it much more if it were postponed until Sunday but I'm sure many people had other plans for Sunday. Running an event like this and volunteering 100's of man hours to put it all together is a thankless job. Tom and the rest of the volunteers put on one heck of an event and should be applauded. 

I understand the frustration about having a smaller boat and getting stuck battling against much bigger boats that are capable of handling bigger water. Last year I was that guy fishing in the 22' boat and getting beat to death in those 3-4 foot waves. I made the decision to go bigger so that I could at least try to compete in those big waves. I must say, it is much easier in a big boat but it is exponentially more expensive. Trust me when I say it would be much cheaper to pay $800 for a tournament and forfeit that money than it would be to buy a 37' boat, fuel it up, equip it for fishing, and take it to another port for the chance to win a few dollars in a tournament.

On our cruise back to Sodus Point Sunday morning my wife said "That was really a great tournament. The food was great, it was really organized, and it was a lot of fun." Then, this morning on the way to work one of my team mates called me and said. "man, that was a lot of fun this weekend".

My comment was "yes it was, but those waves sucked"  :o

Edited by stoutner

Those guys are hard core!

photobucket-744-1376336023476.jpg

photobucket-4028-1376335994577.jpg

Lastly, I heard more than one of the experienced competitors say how the 'Dipsey Ranger' team reminded them of themselves years ago. I think we will hear more from these gamers! How fitting, an 18' PENN YAN!

• 2 weeks later...

thats passion.  I was an observer, and i heard the comment "I would hate to be an observer on that boat"(not the one pictured but another 20 ft +/- boat.  The boats will take it but you get beat up fishing in those conditions.  Hats off to those guys.  If i could make it happen i would be the guy you are laughing at in a small boat.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also thought I would post a few pics from 2013.

A friend at our Marina had this Oswego Newspaper article framed professionally for us

20131029_170931.jpg

Apicture of that beast with Team mate Barry Turner who happens to be the guy who landed it

20130810_133808.jpg

My wife is a sucker for trophys and plaques

20130810_174025.jpg

Here she is with her first Lamprey caught that weekend

20130811_112340.jpg

Cant wait for next year!