Fish Hawk x4d

buckets

Probably the only results are from the test units. The new model is only for sale for a few weeks now and only from the Fish Hawk Store. Most dealers are only going to get the new model in the coming weeks. I had a Intellitroll unit which had the depth. But with the extra $150 cost of the new X4D I am wondering if it is really that important. Due to more blow back on the probe rigger you still have to guess where to set your other riggers anyway using the cable counters. The only real purpose of knowing the depth is when I am fishing near structure, such as the Wall in the Trench, or when the thermocline is near the bottom and don't want to catch my probe on the bottom. I'll decide in the next month or so which unit I will purchase.

High Bidder

First off Dan this isn't Lake Erie United! LOL

When we had the actual depth on our Intelli-Troll it was a nice tool. Sometimes, you were blown away by the difference. Other times it was minimal. Lots of currents in Lady O, so another useful tool in your toolbox can't hurt.

Dan,

I was sent the new Beta Fish Hawk this fall to try. It worked very well. However, the deepest we tried it in was in 60 f.o.w.

When we had our ball down 58 foot, we would get a reading of 55 foot. 2 foot was blowback and 1 foot was the distance from ball to probe (dropper cable). It seemed accurate.

I would only believe this would be worthwhile when fishing very deep.

S.M.A. :P

Capt. Pete

With the technology in today's sonar units you can see all your rigger balls and the depth of them. When we run big flashers on dipsys we can see them. You can even see a slider with a spoon. If you couldn't pick all this up the new unit could be useful.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png