Seneca Seneca 12-9-12

Launched out of the Southend around 7 and straight out the chute and setup shop.... We ran coppers, cores, dipsys and top lines ... The fishing started out extremely slow with a few small landlocks a hour for the first couple of hours we slowly worked north do to lack of fish in the southend and no bait being marked on the Lowrance.... As we worked into an area that I do really well in the spring The dipsy rods started popping some of the Nastiest hits I've seen in a while include a drag peeling liter breaking smash, would of loved to see that one :( ..... But the fish we did put in the boat thru that stretch were big and healthy and full of fight... We ended up 18 for 21 and a day that I thought might turn out to be a bust turned into a great trip real fast, that just goes to show that if you stick with your program and make some moves to put yourself in the fish the game can turn around real quick.... The spoon bite was non existint today but have to say the Big Weenie Iron Duke fly caught some pigs today behind a chrome and blue spin doctor and white crushed glow spin doctor, Big Weenie Seneca Ghost and Fruity Frostcicle also did there fair share of damage also.... Never mounted the GoPro today but pulled it out at the end to get some footage toward the end of the day and a cooler shot of a few of the fish the guys decided they wanted to keep, so heres a link to the video

Mike

I was kinda puzzled at first when I saw the dude winding the reel backwards/upside down.....of course I'm right handed :>) Good going on the fishing and on the report. Sure makes me wish I hadn't put my boat away :>)

Lol...Yeah guys hes left handed... I have tried to get him to try to reel them the right way but with no prevail... In his defense i do have a left handed okuma 45 on the boat and when i do use it i always end up rolling it over to because it is so awkward....

Mike

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

BrookTrout the Laker bite is def picking up... That particular salmon was down about 90 ft, picked him up on a mag dipsy with 255 ft of wire out ... The last few weeks most of the decent fish were up in the water column but yesterday they were deep and so wasnt the bait 80 to 150 fow ... PM me if you need anymore info, be glad to help out.... Thanks flyac !!!!

Mike