Seneca Sampson state park...

Just curious if anyone has any info on fishing from shore on seneca for trout and LL's... I am no stranger to the finger lakes just most of my fishing comes trolling outta the boat! A friend of mine suggested I try sampson... I checked the region 7 hotline and it said "Fishing off the pier has been very good during the day for brown trout and Atlantic salmon. Anglers fishing there latter in the afternoon and after dark are catching lake trout" Are they referring to the pier at watkins?? or any tips and tactics would be much appreciated, I could take my boat out but I was just exploring options for days I wanna just cast a line.

I live close to the peir in Watkins Glen and go over there almost every day. They are catching a few perch and bluegills,mostly small. Once in a while some crappies. I have not seen a trout of any kind or a landlock salmon caught off the peir in the last 3-4 months. There is not even anyone fishing for them. I don't know where the DEC gets their reports, but somebody is giving out wrong info. about the peir. I know the boaters are doing very well. Especially brown and landlocks. Troutman 87

Didn't think it was worth starting a new post but I got out on CA for 2 hours or so before the wind really came up, outta the north end (not to sound like everyone else but be careful the water is low). headed south to the pump house and set up 2 dipsey rods and a lead core. Didn't feel like setting the whole spread, but I was 1 for 2. fish i landed was a nice healthy 5 to 7 lb laker released to fight another day. took two rips on the 150 dipsey down probably 45ish over 80 to 100 fow. blue and silver flasher with a green/blue meat rig fly. hope to get out again this week. tight lines!