Seneca 2nd Annual Seneca Shootout!

Well guys, I am back to the drawing board for the 2nd annual Seneca Shootout! After Last years success I want to make it bigger and even better this year! I would first off like to thank everyone for last years event. It was great and I am excited to begin this new journey towards this years.

secondly, I would like to try and get some help this year, as I am going to be a bit sidetracked with current and future tasks.

I would like to get a group of us, a committiee if you will. Please to anyone and everyone interested, Please do contact me as I have already chosen a date but will need some help on details. As I promised at our ceremony in July, we will be holding the FIRST tournament of the 2013 season on Seneca at the end of April. Weather permitting.

Please contact me if you would like in on the fun of organzing this event.

Thanks,
Nick
phonzoo_068.jpg

Would love to see something different than what is offered on the great lakes. An eight rod tournament where total length is measured of all fish during tournament time. A picture would be taken of each fish next to a measuring stick with a tournament button ( button given out on the morning of the tournament). This would allow for catch and release. April weather would allow for C&R.....and no weed mats!!!! :yes: Also awards could be offered for biggest fish of each salmon/trout species category.

With a length tournament... I feel for the guys that can catch the football browns or whatnots... Big fish with no length.. the guy with 3 long malnurished lakers 32 inches and 7 pounds wins because of length.. Kinda makes it hard...

I like new ideas though. Interested in aiding the tournament committee?

Hypothetically, if you did do a length tournament, it would be points, and would go sort of like this, 20-22 is 1 pt. 23-24 2 points. 24-25 3 points and so on.... In my eyes, sounds like a headache! Better get a ruler company to sponsor to provide all sticks for the day.....

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Need a camera sponsor also and a some one to review all of the photos. And an observer so the same fish dosn't get measured 5 times. Sean

Good point, but how about video.

Maybe if you can't get to a C&R format, consider having the tournament on Keuka Lake where the lake needs Lakers taken out.

Yeah... About that....

Like I stated last year, if guys want a tournament on keuka, by all means let's organize one, but I for one will still be organizing the seneca shootout on seneca lake. Sean, your idea could work.....

Yeah... About that....

Like I stated last year, if guys want a tournament on keuka, by all means let's organize one, but I for one will still be organizing the seneca shootout on seneca lake. Sean, your idea could work.....

Ya, I guess you can't have a Seneca Shootout on a lake other than Seneca :lol: . What kind of help are you looking for?

Nick from my point of view I thought last year was great, first time, first rate, no complaints at all, that's why Im not sure why you would consider changing it.

You could ask around and see how all the changes worked out at the pro/ams,,,if it ain't broke don't fix it. My 2 cents worth. Mark

Nick from my point of view I thought last year was great, first time, first rate, no complaints at all, that's why Im not sure why you would consider changing it.

You could ask around and see how all the changes worked out at the pro/ams,,,if it ain't broke don't fix it. My 2 cents worth. Mark

Couldn't agree more!!!

Last years event was a success. My son still talks about how much fun he had. In my opinion I would rather fish a spring derby... I prolly won't have a new boat by then, but I know some people..... Call me if u need anything nick, I'm happy to help

Thanks Dave, good chatting the other day. Gill-T- the help would be to put a group of us together to make it easier to make decisions and get together a few times to organize it a bit..Collect information, potential sponsors, teams etc....

Nick

I have a bias opinion but I thought last years event was great! I liked the idea of having to actually but a box together then one lucky fish. But if you stayed with the same rules of a one mans limit, then I would think most people would just target lakers due to the new regs. I like Sean's idea, but would be fine with the same format as last year too. Just curious why April? Nick I will do what I can to help, I think this type of tourney could become a big thing.

Do a grand slam tournament, four fish Brown, Bow, Salmon, Laker, total weight of all four one point per pound 10 points per fish. Then Lunker for adults and Lunker for youth. Just an idea?

There are very few of of us that know where and/or how to target all 4 effectively. I catch all of the above but most of the time it is by chance...not by targeting them. That format is really for the few true experts...very tough for most of us.

That's what tournaments are all about, the challenge and the chance to out fish your friends. Their isn't a guy in this tournament that can't out fish ya on a given day if they get hot. By having a mixed box it will spread guys out, who wants to have an all Laker tournament. That's what's the national Lake trout derby is for.

April water levels may be an issue if they pull the plug like they already did in Cayuga.

Going to try much harder to make arrangements and get my boat over this year.