2103 Fall LOC - NO LAKE TROUT DIVISON!!!!!

If in fact the main reason for the change is to "protect" the species, wouldn't it make sense to eliminate the laker division in the summer derby when there's less chance for survival of released fish? We never have too much trouble with fish going back down in the spring or fall. If guys are trying to win the money they're gonna release alot more than they keep.

As far as the same guys winning over and over, good for them. I've met a couple of these guys and they know there stuff and are willing to help others do the same.

It would make sense to emlinate them from the Spring derby. More 19lb fish are killed in 10 days than there is in the summer derby and the fall derby. The bar is a magnet for lakers and easy pickings. Also there is a walleye division. Fewer fishermen than the trout guys AND they are a self sustaining fishery (0 stocked every year). We may have had some bad stocking years for lakers but the population is not hurting. I have seen the fish per hours of fishing for lakers climb the last 3 seasons. Dave is trying to promote the salmon in Lake Ontario. He should be promoting the ENTIRE fishery. We have a world class fishery for Coho, Kings, Steelhead, Browns AND lake trout. With out the trout, where would the fishery be? The down years in salmon fishing on the lake, trout saved the fishery. Just ask the East end fishermen what they did to survive on the crappy king years and the first couple months of the season. And as far as guys winning it over and over, anyone can fish lake trout. If they chose too, they should not be discriminated against in a derby that should be promoting the entire fishery!

• 4 weeks later...

What a shame if the LT division is eliminated. I have made the drive from PA to Lake O for years to fish the LOC and have always targeted Lakers when the Salmon bite was off because we go to catch fish. Who wants to troll for a couple of Salmon bites all day when there are none around. I think that removing the Lakers is a mistake.

Jeremy from Erie, Pa.

What a shame if the LT division is eliminated. I have made the drive from PA to Lake O for years to fish the LOC and have always targeted Lakers when the Salmon bite was off because we go to catch fish. Who wants to troll for a couple of Salmon bites all day when there are none around. I think that removing the Lakers is a mistake.

Jeremy from Erie, Pa.

Jeremy,

MAke sure you email Dave Chilson and voice your opinion. WE ARE THE VOICE OF THE LOC. Without us, where would the LOC be?