• Friday and or Saturday
    • Saturday and or Sunday
    • Poll 4 Tournament Target Species Choose only one of the following
    • Salmon Only
    • Mixed species
    • Poll 5 Copetition Level choose only one of the following
    • General Field all together
    • Pro Division and Amateur Division

Ok, I'm going to try this and see how it works. I've combined several poll questions into this one in the poll options. I know the percentage portion will not come out right but I can still gather what I'm looking for if it works at all. Just select one from each of the 5 polls.

Hi Troy -

Just as an FYI, the new LOU website will allow for polls with MULTIPLE questions (basically a survey) that will be able to accommodate what you are looking to try and accomplish here. The current system only allows one poll question (without creating a bunch of different separate topics). I have made it a sticky topic as you requested until January.

Cheers :yes::beer: ,

Chad

Thanks Chad, The new LOU will be great I'm sure as tge existing one is. Yes guys and gals, thats the goal here to see what everyone wants and build this tournament to where everyone will want to fish it and be able to fish it. As many people as there are comment on everything you would think there would be higher numbers on the poll. COME ON TELL US WHAT YOU WANT. If you don't then you have no right complaining later :lol: Kind of like voting no no lets not go there.

hmm :thinking: well this is going to be debatable. This will be spelled out in more detail when the time comes. I would say anyone could enter the pro division if they choose for several resons. However, a pro (we'll call anyone past or present carrying a captains license) must enter the pro division if they wish to compete. Gray area indeed but already taken into consideration.

hmm :thinking: well this is going to be debatable. This will be spelled out in more detail when the time comes. I would say anyone could enter the pro division if they choose for several resons. However, a pro (we'll call anyone past or present carrying a captains license) must enter the pro division if they wish to compete. Gray area indeed but already taken into consideration.

Ok sounds good I was curious, not trying to put a kink in the line. I would definitely like to participate however it works out.

Not sure if this will apply or not, as there is (and probably always will be) the debate on what classifies someone as a "pro". For the NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournamen Series, we specified that if you (or any team member) has a sponsorship from any fishing related company or entity, or if you or a team member hold a captains license or act as a guide, you must fish the Professional Division. Just some thoughts on defining the "Pro" qualifications. 8)

oh we know there will always be mixed feelings on every aspect but that is our goal with polls like this and feed back to help build an enjoyable, competitive, and rewarding tournament that everyone can fish. I am surprised on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday poll. Although for those of us on the water all summer compared to those having to take off work to travel to the lake is going to be the difference on that I guess. Maybe a three day event :wondering: We'll see, it's all coming together.

I am not entirely sure how long the Pro/Ams have had the current discretion of "Pro" and "Am" in place. From what I know a "high %" of the ruling structure prior to "The big collapse caused from Unification" from the mid 00's was never much of an area of concern.

These polls I have credited for many years now, as they always seem to stay inline with what the highest percentage of "players" want.

So far this poll emits exactly what everyone has been wishing for and demanding since the Pro/Am's significant decline. The SADEST part is everyone knows this and they have know it all along. Including those making and/or carrying out the existing rules.

The diversity of what is out there today on Lake Ontario as far as competitive angling is awesome but maybe only now taking a hit in the Pro/Am style events. This particular poll is simply favoring what most want to happen at Sodus as a replacement of what has currently been lost, an actual Pro/Am The popularity in 1 day events has proven itself, but as the diversity decreases a bit now with the loss of an actual Pro/Am those able to speak out and "place their wishes" from a poll are speaking out.

As I break down the "same ole same ole" tally the same is yet evident "again"

All numbers as of 12/30/12

Interest in Participating 57 votes

(Yes anglers want to be involved on many levels)

Two Day event [ 43 ]

Friday and or Saturday [ 28 ]

Saturday and or Sunday [ 30 ]

(Obviously a toss up here: 6 or 1/2 dozen of the other) but interesting none the less

Mixed species [ 47 ]

Pro Division and Amateur Division [ 41 ]

*Out of the 5 options you are able to poll these were the most heavily selected

*EXACTLY WHAT A MAJORITY HAS WANTED ALL ALONG*

Not really rocket science, anybody willing to "LISTEN" over the last few years already knew much of this key info, if No Communication vs Communication was offered as a 6th choice I would bet my favorite perch rods a majority would opt Closed as they have all along

Tom

WHAT THE MAJORITY WANTS!!!!! That is our goal. The no communication isn't an option it's a must so no need to include that. I'm sure a lot of the fisherman contributing to this poll are probably just hoping for a PRO/AM replacement. However, we are putting this tournament together to do both. what the majority wants (or as close as we can get to that) and make it so that everyone that wants to compete can do so. At this point I think the only way to do that is with two divisions and that can still be done as a one day or a two day event. Or maybe both on the same weekend. All the comments that you guys are making are being looked at and are helping in our decision making. Please keep them coming. Like I said before if you don't voice your opinion, Your not aloud to complain. :yes:

Thank you for the first statement in the above post. You have now cleared the biggest hurdle in bldg a successful event.

If "I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down", you could run the "main event" Fri/Sat with 2 divisions and mixed species with an appropriate awards ceremony Sat nite. Then, as a bonus, a more casual 1 day single or mixed species shootout w/ one division and a 5/6 fish box could be run on Sunday. Quite an undertaking but it could be done. It would be important to not require the Fri/Sat guys or the Sunday teams to fish the other event, but of course they could.

Wow, a Lake Ontario festival held over one long weekend!

"you could run the "main event" Fri/Sat with 2 divisions and mixed species with an appropriate awards ceremony Sat nite. Then, as a bonus, a more casual 1 day single or mixed species shootout w/ one division and a 5/6 fish box could be run on Sunday"

I like this idea! 8) With everything set-up for the main event (Fri-Sat) I don't think it would take too much more to run the Sun event.

Everybody pre-fishes, so for that reason a Friday-Saturday seems to make more sense. That leaves Sunday as a blow day, and makes for a much more socialable weigh-in on Saturday. Most teams would be able to stay for the Ceremonies.

In a rocket science world, someone actually incorporated common sense and VOILA! An event the majority chooses to participate in based upon what the prospective players want!!

My parents always told me things were cyclical - I hope they are right when it comes to 2 day tourneys on the South side of Lady O!!

Back to the basics people.....

Don't break it if it ain't broke.....

Nice job Troy et al! :yes:

Here's to shopping at Warren's as a small token of appreciation for what Tony is undertaking and ultimately completes!

Better stock up Brother! 8)

Dex

Team Thrillseeker

I've been called worse Dex, no problem. We'll be laying out our initial plan's here towards the end of the month for everyone to take a look at. Thats when the real name calling and rock throwing begins. It's looking pretty good (I think) We've got pieces built in for everyone that is interested in some serious / relaxing competitive fishing. Would I spend 400.00 for 8000.00 or 900.00 for 20,000.00 or well I better wait until I finish running these numbers before i throw it out here.

We will be having several meetings this weekend to finalize some of our plans to this point. My goal is to have some detailed information out by mid week next week. I would say it is probably safe to say at this time that the main event / events will take place on Saturday July 20th and Sunday July 21st. That is the only questionable part of this particular poll that is not overloaded one way. However after putting a lot of thought and listening to some ideas It seems this will be a better option for everyone. The reason for this is from some of the feedback that I have received from the working class !!!!! that will be attending and does not have the luxury of taking days off. I understand this seeings that I am one of the working class :no: I Do not have the luxury of fishing (working) everyday YET. There will be sone exciting and rewarding events taking place at least on Friday prior to the main event for those in the area prefishing. So to wrap up for now until after this week end, Main event / events Saturday and Sunday July 20th and 21st with competitive events taking place at least on Friday the 19th with a mandatory captains meeting Friday evening.

UPDATE UPDATE: Ok I have had a chance to throw some numbers and scenarios together for you to look at. You can go to our website and review what I have to this point. I'm sure there will be some ajustments needed here and there but it's a start. the website is http://soduspointbaittackle.shutterfly.com/ww I dont know if that worked or not but the link to our site is included with my signature at the bottom of this message. Then just click on the photo tab, that will take you to shutterfly and then just click on tournament. there are three documents there one with a Pro / Am / Calcutta information, one with the 1 day shootout information and one with everything combined for the Ultimate Challenge weekend.

The Million dollar question is do we want to combine these multiple events together or break them up. Take a moment and think about this. We are going to run a multi divisional tournament and a 1 day shootout which will hopefully be tied into a challenge series with the east and west invitationals. If we break it into two seperate weekends you double your expenses at some point. Your alreaday here why double your fuel, lodging, food, etc. etc. Not to mention what week end is available!!!!!

I am working on the rules and information package and should hopefully get that out maybe this weekend or shortly there after. So the documents on the website pretty much explain the format and some different scenarios. we will be running a topnotch two day multi divisional tournament hopefully with a 1 day shootout style tournament built in there for the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE WEEKEND. There will be a Pro division / AM division / Calcutta. speaking of Calcutta you will see some mention of (winner take all) in those documents. That is for the Calcuta only, could be interesting that way. That will be a question on a (YES) another poll to answer a couple questions.

The two day multi divisional tournament will be a mixed species (with a twist) not your traditional mixed species box. The shootout will be salmon only. This is somewhat clearly :lol: explained in detail in the rules and information package. This format will challenge your team skill and knowledge on targeting multiple species. I'm sure there will be some discusion on this part of this tournament. so the Pro division will be a 12 fish box that will consist of Salmon, Brown trout, Steelhead, and Lake trout, The Am team will be a 9 fish box that will consist of Salmon, Brown trout, Steelhead, and Lake trout and the shootout will be 6 salmon. Again there will be details explaining the breakdown.

I know it's difficult to commit until you see all the details but it is safe to say that this tournament will follow the format of the Pro / Am / Calcutta document at a minimum.

If you know you are going to participate or even if you are considering, please send me an email identifying which division you will be fishing and if you will be fishing the calcutta or not.

Rules and general information wll be coming soon!!!!!!

Thanks

PS: I typed all this once and lost it so if it post twice I would suspect that is why. And it takes awhile when ya type with one finger :@:beer: