Seneca Seneca christmas eve

ifishy

Made it out christmas eve even got the stepson to go with me. Took the drive to Watkins set out right out of the channel didnt get all the lines in before we had our first midget LL in got a double on one rod a minuet later and steady hits from then on got about a mile north of the plant and turned back. As the day went on the fish got a little bigger ended up with a 24" laker a 22" rainbow and a pair of 22" land locks plus several salmon and bows up to 18 inches made for a fun day at least every lure took hits even the flasher fly DW SS bloody death on a 4 color core took the most and the biggest bow the way the fishing was turning i should have started late and fished till dark as they wer definatly getting bigger as the day went on. All fish were released for the next trip we did get two fish with lamprays on them first for me out of seneca this year both were small 10 inch lampreys and floated away nicely in multiple pieces it worrys me to see them on those little fish like that though. Hope the weather stays warm enough i can keep the boat running for another winter trip or two.

You're a hearty soul ifishey. Good report and it does my heart good to know that at least one of is out there keeping the fish honest :>) Merry Christmas! Les

i was supprised to only see one other boat out and he was perch fishing the weather was gorgeous almost makes me wish for a no ice year i like this winter trolling thing but my tip ups didnt get wet this year so i can hear them in the basement screaming for action.