West end pro ams

and for the record i say let them all end. the recreational fisherman have been nothing but screwed by all these tournaments. i don't believe the fishery was started to be this devisive and commercialized. everyone is into their own agenda and mostly for their own profit or selfish gain.when these things end is when we will see 40 lb'ers caught again.

I would have put money on you popping off some of your factless words of tournament wisdom Bluegill :no: I personally have fished every tournament on the lake over the past 6 years except the Sandy Creek Shootout (because of the conflict of The Little Salmon River Challange on the same day) and I have not seen you even once....so where does all this tournament wisdom you seem to be so well endowed with come from ? Thanks for crashing this thread dude and reminding us once again that you have very little idea of what you are talking about.

I guess what you are implying is that all the fish caught and culled during tournaments makes it less likely you will have a chance of catching a 40 lb fish ? First of all one has little to do with the other. Secondly, are you saying it's more important that you catch a 40 lb fish than it is for the tournaments to continue to pump hundreds of thousands into the local economy every year? I guess your selfish agenda is pretty clear.

Oh...and for the record, nobody that fishes tournaments regularly does it for profit....very few (if any) make money over the long haul fishing tournaments and you would know that if you fished them. Expenses are unreal and along with the wear and tear it puts on the boat...it's not who makes the most fishing tournaments, but who losses the least. Most of us enjoy the competition and gathering....that is our agenda. Those who do it for money disappear from the scene real quick.

In the last few posts on this thread I saw talk about these tournaments putting money into the communities. Then, for the life of me why did they do away with the AM division. Even a minimum of 20 AM boats brings approximately 60 to 70 extra individuals spending money in that community. I don't see why the county tourisum heads can't comprehend this. This mysterious super committee lost participation last year, you would think they would try to improve it this year. But who am I to say.

and for the record i say let them all end. the recreational fisherman have been nothing but screwed by all these tournaments. i don't believe the fishery was started to be this devisive and commercialized. everyone is into their own agenda and mostly for their own profit or selfish gain.when these things end is when we will see 40 lb'ers caught again.

I don't know if i have ever seen a positive word about any tournament from you.

In fact your logic shows just how much you don't know about our fishery. Although I don't believe tournaments take a huge toll on the king salmon population, if it actually does than tournaments would be the reason why fish are as big as they are in Lake O. If you decrease the number of predators (salmon) there will be more bait for the fish to eat resulting in bigger fish. :o Then again with your philosophy maybe we should double our stocking numbers like Lake Michigan use to and we'll see bigger fish, oh wait that’s right there fish are a lot smaller and have hurt their bait fish population.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't know much about the tournaments, but why are the county officials even involved?  They're not giving no additional money/prizes to the fisherman.  The only thing I seen is the use of a public parks.

Just my 2 cents