cannon upgrade

tuck's luck

I have 2 of the mag 10's from about 1985 or so and they work fine and retrieve great.....but ....I found out a long time ago that for most of the time I can get away with using 8-9 pound weights. The exception is when I am going more than 100 ft down during the depth of the summer for lakers. I fish mostly for rainbows and browns and they are usually within the surface to 100 ft down area. If you are using much heavier weights that may be the problem....Cannon switched to a little heavier duty motor (different manufacturer) later on (I think the mid to late 90's or so).

If you want to know for sure about things call Chad at ScrewieLouies in Fairhaven at 315-947-6348 or http://www.screwylouiessportshop.com/

Les

I've got 4 older Mag 10's on my Starcraft, and generally have 13 lb'ers hooked on 'em in the summer, run 4-6 lb'ers in the skinny water in the spring for browns.

I don't pull charters, so as long as they go up/down at a reasonable rate, I'm good.

I do have Big Jons on the smaller boat, and those are waaaaaaaay faster, and w/o auto stops, you have to keep a good close eyeball on those.

Had Walker, and Cannon hand-crankers......ain't going back to either.

As long as my riggers keep on working the way they do, I'll just keep on using what I have.....................and I'll use the Scotty money to continue to fund my daughters college education.............