Throttle controle on my Honda 8

apb

I troll out of a 18 ft aluminum Crestliner and My Honda 8 horse kicker is very hard to make minute speed adjustments. What is my best option? Should I try to find forward controles or is there a better product?Hmmm...... sorry...... this was supposed to make it over to "this old boat"...

I troll with a 18' Crestliner equipped with a Fish Hawk X4 and a Honda 4 stroke 8 horse kicker. My issue is that it is very difficult to make speed adjustments down to a couple tenths of a mile per hour with the tiller throttle control of the Honda. Would forward controls solve my problem or is there another gadget out there I need to know about. Would a different prop make it easier perhaps? I have a four blade on it. Thanks for the input...p.s. yes I did post this on the "this old boat forum"!

I had a hi-torque Honda 8 on a larger boat and found adjusting the cable control to get very small throttle adjustments near impossible. Even though having the control at the helm was ultra convenient, i would explore non-cable options as well

I have both forward controls and a trollmaster hooked up to my 9.9 4 stroke Honda. I like the convenience of having them both available. I have an extra set of controls available for your motor if you're looking for a set.