OK, Squirrel, Lets Hear about Cauyga RedHeads!!

Not much of a report but we went up Friday night. After almost getting my truck stuck on the beach, :rofl: we laid our plans. Sat. a.m was real slow. Hardly any wind, snowed all day with very few birds flying but they wanted nothing to do with our spread. changed it up multiple times with no change. Biggest problem was the dekes had snow on them in less than ten minutes and needed constant dusting off. Slowest day I spent in the blind in a long time. We only got two geese and one redhead.

Sunday's forcast had us real excited. Northwest blow is our favorite wind for divers. Got up super early to set up the BIG shoreline spread. Ran in to a early morning problem when I got the report my buddys duck boat was in waist deep water filled with water up to the gunnels and taking on waves. Therefore, our resources got divided and we ended up with a minimal spread. 20 divers and half a dozen blacks. Didnt have time to double weight the single dekes which was needed due to the waves. It was windy and nasty. PERFECT! We saw loads of redheads, goldeneyes, some broadbills, lots of blacks and a decent amount of mallards. Lots of geese also. We even saw a couple big flights of swans. Only three of us in the blind with real tough conditions but we had a blast and managed a couple redheads, and three mallards. My young son made the best shot of the day on a departing redhead. What a shot! :yes: We had to leave by 10 a.m but could have shot ducks all day. They were there and decoying pretty well.

Had a great time. Hope to give it another try next weekend. I heard the best gunning of the year has been on Oneida lake. South end of Cayuga has been producing as well.