Sodus Bay Poll

How would you rate Sodus Bay on the overall fishing experience compared to other major ports on Lake Ontario that you have fished?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Sodus Bay on the overall fishing experience compared to other major ports on Lake Ontario that you have fished?

• Better Than
    • As Good As
    • Not As Good

Hello Everyone , This is my first post on this forum and am interested in your response to the add a poll option that is hopefully on this page. I realize even a response of "not as good" doesn't mean the fishing experience is bad, my opinion is any place on lake Ontario is the best place in the world to fish. Thanks for viewing and if you take time to respond thanks again.

How would you rate Sodus Bay on the overall fishing experience compared to other major ports on lake Ontario that you have fished?

"better than", "as good as", or "not as good"

Not sure how to use the add a poll option on the bottom

• 4 weeks later...

I fished out of mexico for about 10 years, then moved to sodus bay for the past 4. I also fish out of wilson in the spring each year. There are plusses and minuses to each port.

Sodus can't be beat for big browns. However, steelhead aren't very abundant normally. Then again I caught a 20lber last september, but they are rare and normally around in the late fall mostly. For kings, they can be caught from summer through fall. Not many around in the spring. When I fished out of Mexico, you could only catch kings with regularity in August and September. Now I'm sure there are better fisherman than I was there that will say different though :) Wilson is great in the spring and fall. I love wilson and if it was closer I'd be docked there. But the 5 1/2 hours I have to Sodus from Philly is far enough.

Fair Haven and Oswego are very similar to Sodus in fishing conditions in my opinion.

Nick