Cayuga Cayuga Lake tribs season end report

Man it was tough! No water until Sandy rolled thru! I fished pretty much 3 times a week, hitting Salmon creek, Fall creek and the inlet. The inlet was so low it was worthless until about 2 weeks ago. I never caught a fish there. So fishing from the end of September until new years eve, I landed 6 browns. I personally know of only 4 salmon caught and I didnt get any. The bows showed up around Thanksgiving and there were loads of them 12 to 16 inches at times. Big bows trickled in about 2 weeks ago and I landed 3 monsters. I beat my personal best 3 times with a 7, 8 and a 10lber. So in conclusion, either the low water in Otober and much of November kept the fish in the lake or there were not many in the lake to come. I hope it was the low water.
Happy new year to all and good luck in the 2013 season.
Capt Scott

I only caught three LLs - no real size. I thought the fish I got last year had more chrome. These seemed to have more olive tones to them. That is the only real difference I noticed. I am not known for catching a lot of them so I do not have a good sample size to compare. I am just happy to get out after them. winter is starting to shape up nicely. Maybe things will improve for next year.