Savage ML II

idn713

So I sold my Stainless Omega with thumbhole stock with my Nikon BDC 250 scope for a Savage ML II camo stock and blued barrel. My wife's grandpa gifted me his mint condition Leupold scope to mount on it.

So my question is did I make a good decision and has anyone on here ever used one?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

i have the same gun you just sold lol and i love it!! been super reliable and if i do my job it will kill what i am aiming at. I have taken deer a few deer over 200 yds and still had tons of damage done! i dont mind cleaning the gun which i only do only a couple times during the season and have yet to have any corrosion in my stainless barrel, some of the steel parts are a different story they need constant upkeep!

But i have read quite a bit about your new gun. and it definitely has its benefits over blackpowder. The thing i would like the most is not having the smoke cloud after i shoot. The velocities and the downrange energy isnt much higher which i was suprised at!

But the first paragraph in the link i listed pretty much sums up the benefits of smokeless

" it offers dramatically lower cost per shot than Pyrodex, no corrosive residue, no heavy fouling, and less recoil for a similar velocity load. Smokeless powder is the most successful black powder substitute ever devised, the safest, and the most efficient. The only "con" is that no other production muzzleloader is designed to use it: ONLY the Savage 10ML-II. Game recovery is easier, as your vision is not obscured after the shot."

heres the site with quite a few interesting questions and answers about the ml2.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/savage_ML_FAQ.htm

I have read everything that guy has to offer! I love the thought that I can use a pound of loose powde and with 44 grains of it achieve velocities that my omega needed 150 grains of 777 to get to. I am so excited for the low cost, high accuracy firearm I just invested in.

With that said I loved my omega so much. Was an absolute tack driver and it killed everything I asked it to. If I had to recommend a muzzy beside the savage it would be a TC Omega for sure.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png